"Siem Reap - Nearest Town to Angkor" Top 5 Page for this destination Phumi Siem Reab by victorwkf
Phumi Siem Reab Travel Guide: 470 reviews and 1,017 photos
Siem Reap is the city nearest to the famous Angkor monuments and other attractions around this area. Despite being a city, Siem Reap itself is very laid back and relaxing, without the modern skyscrapers which makes you feel more like in a town.
Siem Reap itself has some attractions and good eating places for you to spend your time in-between visiting the nearby attractions.
Let me share with you some information and photographs of Siem Reap, which hopefully will be useful to you.
In order not to have overlaps of information and photographs of my trip to the Angkor monuments & surroundings in Cambodia (other than common information such as transportation and accomodation), I will be placing them into the various VT pages as follows:
VT Phumi Siem Reab Page:
- Siem Reap city
- Tonle Sap lake (aerial photos)
VT Angkor Wat Page:
- Angkor Wat temple
(Did not visit Bahkeng Hill)
VT Angkor Thum Page:
- Angkor Thom (Bayon, Baphuon, Phimeanakas, Terrace of the Elephants, Terrace of the Leper King, Tep Pranam, Victory & South Gates)
- Ta Prohm
- Ta Keo
- Sras Srang
- Pre Rup
- East Mebon
- Ta Som
- Neak Pean
- Preah Khan
- West Baray
(Did not visit Preah Pithu Group, Banteay Kdei, Prasat Kravan, Ta Nei and Banteay Prei)
VT Banteay Srei page:
- Banteay Srei
- Banteay Samre
(Did not visit other further away monuments such as Kbal Spean, Prasat To & the Roluos Group consisting of Bahkong, Preah Ko & Lolei. Also did not visit the Kulen Mountains)
- Pros:Nice and relaxing town atmosphere, good hotels and food
- Cons:Touristy since it is near to Angkor monuments
- In a nutshell:Good place to relax and explore surrounding historical sites
When I was at Sokha Angkor Resort, there was this huge limosine at the entrance of the resort as shown in the... more travel advice
The lotus plants and flowers can be seen in many restaurant and places at Siem Reap, as well as the water areas around... more travel advice
victorwkf's Related Pages
Phumi Siem Reab Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to Angkor Wat"
- "The city behind Angkor"
- "Siem Reap - Nearest Town to Angkor"
- "IMPREXXION: SIEM REAP-ANGKOR"
- "Good morning, Siem Reap"
- "Gateway to Angkor"
- "Ever Growing Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Phumi Siem Reab
- Hotels in Phumi Siem Reab
- Transportation in Phumi Siem Reab
- Nightlife in Phumi Siem Reab
- Restaurants in Phumi Siem Reab
- Shopping in Phumi Siem Reab
- Warnings and Dangers in Phumi Siem Reab
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Phumi Siem Reab
- 27 Reviews
- 181 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (160)
Have you been to Phumi Siem Reab?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Phumi Siem Reab
- updated a Phumi Siem Reab Travel Page "Siem Reap - Nearest Town to Angkor"
- Posted in Travel Slovenia Forum "Re: Schengen Visa"
- Wrote a Review Limosine at Sokha Angkor Resort in Phumi Siem Reab Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Limosine at Sokha Angkor Resort"
- Commented on one of SLLiew's Phumi Siem Reab travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues