"Agra - City of Taj Mahal and Agra Fort" Top 5 Page for this destination Agra by victorwkf

Agra Travel Guide: 1,109 reviews and 3,631 photos

Agra is a historical city about 4-5 hours drive south-east of Delhi (capital city of India). The historical cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur form the famous "Golden Triangle" of India and a major tourist attraction with the many ancient monuments.

Agra itself is famous for two main monuments, the Taj Mahal and the Agra Fort, plus some other less known ones. My wife and I visited Agra in January 2008 and managed to go to the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort. I will share with you information and photographs of my trip to Agra, which hopefully will be useful to you.

Finally I have completed uploading all the photos and tips! Do also visit my VT pages of other locations in India during my Dec 2007 - Jan 2008 trip (Agra, Delhi, Srinagar and Gulmarg).

• Pros:Visit the famous Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and other monuments
  • Cons:Very touristy place, aggressive touts and steep prices
  • In a nutshell:A must visit when in India, especially Taj Mahal and Agra Fort
  • Last visit to Agra: Jan 2008
  • Intro Updated Jan 18, 2009

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Great tips Victor!

• illumina's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2010 at 11:36 AM

Some nice tips and photos!

• Quillacity's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2009 at 9:02 PM

hi! Iread something different about transportation, yes, the drivers used their horn but, I read that they drive very slowly n coz of that, the others have to use their horn.. Wll, I think I should trust u cuz u were in India! and I just read something :S

• charles-quint's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2009 at 6:35 AM

Red Fort is a great place, an historical legacy of the Mughal's... I'm History oriented and everything in connexion with Mughals and Indian History is quite interesting. Thanks for the pictures!!! In this case really original pictures!!!

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Thank you for the beautiful photos and very detailed info pages. Makes our coming visit to Agra more worthwhile and easier.

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2009 at 1:17 AM

Very enjoyable reading and some great photos, Victor. I was glad you also covered the other buildings in the Taj Mahal complex.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2009 at 2:53 AM

Excellent tips and fantastic photos. Must be wonderful to visit one of the 7 World Wonders - Taj Mahal. Cheers from Penang, SL :)

• Avieira67's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2008 at 12:21 PM

Brilliant picture of Taj Mahal! Greetings from the Azores Islands.

• Penelope4's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2008 at 9:43 PM

Indeed, a nice picture! I can't wait till I see it on the 19th of January! I wish you'll complete the page soon!

victorwkf

“The world is what we make of it”

Badges & Stats in Agra