"Agra - City of Taj Mahal and Agra Fort" Top 5 Page for this destination Agra by victorwkf
Agra Travel Guide: 1,125 reviews and 3,702 photos
Agra is a historical city about 4-5 hours drive south-east of Delhi (capital city of India). The historical cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur form the famous "Golden Triangle" of India and a major tourist attraction with the many ancient monuments.
Agra itself is famous for two main monuments, the Taj Mahal and the Agra Fort, plus some other less known ones. My wife and I visited Agra in January 2008 and managed to go to the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort. I will share with you information and photographs of my trip to Agra, which hopefully will be useful to you.
Finally I have completed uploading all the photos and tips! Do also visit my VT pages of other locations in India during my Dec 2007 - Jan 2008 trip (Agra, Delhi, Srinagar and Gulmarg).
- Pros:Visit the famous Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and other monuments
- Cons:Very touristy place, aggressive touts and steep prices
- In a nutshell:A must visit when in India, especially Taj Mahal and Agra Fort
Continuation of the attractions at Agra Fort: Mina Masjid (Heavenly Mosque) Pearl Mosque Nagina Masjid (Gem Mosque)... more travel advice
The Agra Fort has a semi-circular plan and it's walls are seventy feet high. Four gates were provided on its four sides,... more travel advice
- See All Cows on the roads
- See All Hot and humid weather season
- See All Local handicrafts and Art
victorwkf's Related Pages
Agra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Agra"
- "World of the Wonders"
- "Another Agra"
- "Agra - City of Taj Mahal and Agra Fort"
- "Red Fort"
- ">> eternal love of TAJ "
- See All...
- Things to Do in Agra
- Hotels in Agra
- Transportation in Agra
- Nightlife in Agra
- Restaurants in Agra
- Shopping in Agra
- Warnings and Dangers in Agra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Agra
- 30 Reviews
- 200 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (160)
Have you been to Agra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Agra
- Posted in Travel Slovenia Forum "Re: Schengen Visa"
- updated a Agra Travel Page "Agra - City of Taj Mahal and Agra Fort"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Interesting Transportation (Part 1)"
- Commented on one of RAJASTHANBYCAR's Agra travel pages
- Wrote a Review Agra Fort - Attractions (Part 2) about The Red Fort in Agra Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues