"Sobaeksan National Park - Trek Up Birobong Peak" Sobaek-sanmaek by victorwkf
Sobaek-sanmaek Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 150 photos
Sobaeksan (known as "Small White Mountain") National Park is a large national park located in the central in-land region of South Korea. There are many mountains and trekking trails here, the most famous is perhaps the walk up to Birobong Peak (about 1430 metres above sea level).
I did the above walk during November 2008 and it was an enjoyable trip. The base for this trip is at nearby Danyang town (refer to my VT Tanyang page), where you can take the public bus or taxi to the entrance of Sobaeksan National Park.
Let me share with you some information and photographs of this trip, which hopefully will be useful to you.
This photograph is the monument on the summit of Birobong Peak, which is the goal of the trek. During a clear day, you will see beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and landscape (unfortunately it was cloudy when I was there).
Autumn is perhaps the best season to do the trek, because of the cooler and drier whether, and the colours of the autumn foliage are simply amazing as shown in this photograph.
- Pros:Great trekking, lovely mountain views and nature
- Cons:Weather can be unpredictable
- In a nutshell:A good climbing/trekking destination in South Korea
Towards the top of Birobong Peak, there is an interesting and weird tree bark as shown in this photo. There is a signage... more travel advice
During the trek up Birobong Peak, the trail is along a mountain stream with nice running water which is good for... more travel advice
victorwkf's Related Pages
Sobaek-sanmaek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sobaeksan National Park - Trek Up Birobong Peak"
- Create a Sobaek-sanmaek Travel Page
- Things to Do in Sobaek-sanmaek
- Transportation in Sobaek-sanmaek
- Restaurants in Sobaek-sanmaek
- Warnings and Dangers in Sobaek-sanmaek
- See All...
Explore the World
- Castel Gandolfo
- Mont Saint Michel
- Mount Pleasant Hotels
- Santa Ana
- Pulau Pisang Hotels
- Ko Chang
- American Samoa
- Jones Beach State Park Hotels
- Albert Canyon Hotels
- Wallace Falls State Park Hotels
- Candijay Hotels
- Province of Bohol
Badges & Stats in Sobaek-sanmaek
- 25 Reviews
- 150 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Sobaek-sanmaek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sobaek-sanmaek
Photos in Sobaek-sanmaekSee All Photos (150)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues