Sorak-sanmaek Things to Do Tips by victorwkf Top 5 Page for this destination
Sorak-sanmaek Things to Do: 48 reviews and 127 photos
Town of Sokcho, South Korea
There are many interesting things about Sokcho, including the beaches, seafood, cruises etc. Unfortunately I did not have time at this place. If you want more information, please visit the Sokcho website at www.sokcho.kangwon.kr
Gwongeumseong at Mt Sorak, South Korea
Gwongeumseong is located on top of a mountain and it used to be a castle. This is perhaps the most famous place at Mt Sorak National Park and can be reached via cable car near the park entrance. The views from up here at fantastic and more photos are at the travelogue section of this VT page.
A bridge at Mt Sorak National Park, Korea
There are a few impressive bridges near the park entrance just before the Sinheungsa Temple. These are carved from granite rocks with the Korean architecture favour.
Traditional gate at Mt Sorak National Park, Korea
There is a huge traditional gate at the park entrance just before the Buddha statue. It is very impressive and is of typical Korean architecture.
Sinheungsa Temple, South Korea
Sinhuengsa Temple is a huge and impressive temple located near to the park entrance and should be visited if you are at Mt Sorak National Park. Sometimes you can see the Korean monks going about their day lives at this temple.
Statue of bear at Mt Sorak National Park, Korea
There is a nice statue of the bear at the entrance of Mt Sorak national park and it is a very nice place to take a photograph here, especially during the autumn season.
Statue at Mt Seoraksan National Park
There are many temples and monuments along the journey. Do take time to enjoy and admire them.
Strong wind at Mt Seoraksan National Park
The wind is very strong. Evidence of the strong wind can be seen by the shapes of the trees such as the one shown in the photograph.
Scene from Mt Seoraksan National Park
Like most of the mountain ranges in the Korean peninsula and north-east China, the mountains here are made up of rock formations, with beautiful patterns which are often depicted in historical paintings.
Serene & mysterious mountains, South Korea
The landscape among the clouds really looks at a Chinese art painting, serene and beautiful .....
More Reviews (18)
victorwkf's Related Pages
Sorak-sanmaek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Of Mountain Ranges and Hot Springs"
- "WELCOME ! MT,SEORAK NATIONAL PARK"
- "Mount Seoraksan (Soraksan) National Park & Sokcho"
- "A 'must do' if visiting South Korea"
- "Hiking in Seoraksan...in the rain!"
- "Temples and mountain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sorak-sanmaek
- Hotels in Sorak-sanmaek
- Transportation in Sorak-sanmaek
- Restaurants in Sorak-sanmaek
- Shopping in Sorak-sanmaek
- Warnings and Dangers in Sorak-sanmaek
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mahad Hotels
- Seaford Hotels
- Cleveland Hotels
- Milan Hotels
- Western Province
- Pulau Pisang
Badges & Stats in Sorak-sanmaek
- 32 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Sorak-sanmaek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sorak-sanmaek
- Posted in Travel Slovenia Forum "Re: Schengen Visa"
- Commented on one of SLLiew's Sorak-sanmaek travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Explore the town of Sokcho"
- Wrote a Review Gwongeumseong in Sorak-sanmaek Things to Do
- updated a Sorak-sanmaek Travel Page "Mount Seoraksan (Soraksan) National Park & Sokcho"
Photos in Sorak-sanmaekSee All Photos (74)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues