Sorak-sanmaek Favorite Tips by victorwkf Top 5 Page for this destination
Sorak-sanmaek Favorites: 15 reviews and 32 photos
Messages on black tiles, South Korea
Favorite thing: If you want to leave a message at Mt Sorak National Park, you can do it traditionally by writing them onto black tiles as shown in this photograph. The place to do this is just next to the giant Buddha statue near to the park entrance.
Autumn colours at Mt Sorak National Park, South Ko
Favorite thing: Mt Sorak National Park is known for its famous autumn colours and the best time to experience it is from mid October to early November. However, you must be prepared for the huge crowd during this period who are there for the same purpose. I managed to catch some autumn colours during early Oct 2005 and the photos are at the travelogue section of this VT page.
The Buddha statue at Mt Sorak National Park, South
Favorite thing: The giant buddha statue at the park entrance is not to be missed if you are at Mount Seoraksan National Park. Apparently, this buddha statue is very famous in South Korea and many Buddhists actually make wishes by lighting huge candles (can be bought from the shop next to the statue) and placing them at the containers at the bottom of the statue.
Favorite thing: Because of the moist and cooling enviroment of the forest, you can see fungus growing on trees and rotten wood on the ground.
Favorite thing: One of the most fantastic experience was seeing the clouds blown by the strong wind, creating a beautiful effect of dancing clouds. This phenomenon lasted for a few hours & I was lucky to be able to watch it at the hotel room's balcony.
Favorite thing: One of the good memories of the trip are the beautiful flowers, thanks to the cool and humid weather of the mountains.
Favorite thing: If you take the cable car or go for one of the many treks in the park, there are many chances for you to view the mountains and the beautiful landscape from up there.
Fondest memory: There are several ancient temples & hermitages situated in the mountains which add to the mystique of the place.
Favorite thing: Trees & leaves come in all sort of interesting shapes and sizes .....
Favorite thing: The colours of nature are indeed enchanting .....
More Reviews (22)
victorwkf's Related Pages
Sorak-sanmaek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Of Mountain Ranges and Hot Springs"
- "WELCOME ! MT,SEORAK NATIONAL PARK"
- "Mount Seoraksan (Soraksan) National Park & Sokcho"
- "A 'must do' if visiting South Korea"
- "Hiking in Seoraksan...in the rain!"
- "Temples and mountain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sorak-sanmaek
- Hotels in Sorak-sanmaek
- Transportation in Sorak-sanmaek
- Restaurants in Sorak-sanmaek
- Shopping in Sorak-sanmaek
- Warnings and Dangers in Sorak-sanmaek
- See All...
Explore the World
- Southend-on-Sea Hotels
- Frederick Hotels
- York Village Hotels
- Morro Bay
- Province of Aklan Hotels
Badges & Stats in Sorak-sanmaek
- 32 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Sorak-sanmaek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sorak-sanmaek
- Posted in Travel Slovenia Forum "Re: Schengen Visa"
- Commented on one of SLLiew's Sorak-sanmaek travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Explore the town of Sokcho"
- Wrote a Review Gwongeumseong in Sorak-sanmaek Things to Do
- updated a Sorak-sanmaek Travel Page "Mount Seoraksan (Soraksan) National Park & Sokcho"
Photos in Sorak-sanmaekSee All Photos (74)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues