"Mount Seoraksan (Soraksan) National Park & Sokcho" Top 5 Page for this destination Sorak-sanmaek by victorwkf
Sorak-sanmaek Travel Guide: 107 reviews and 434 photos
Mount Seoraksan National Park is a beautiful place located near the coastal town of Sokcho which is about 4 hours by coach east of Seoul. I visited this national park twice, once in the summer of 2002 and another time in Oct 2005.
Hope you would find the information in this guide useful, and perhaps you can rate them or give your comments. Thanks.
The national park also houses many Buddhist temples and hermitages among the beautiful mountain scenery. There are various walking and hiking paths which can enable you to explore the various parts of this beautiful national park.
At the entrance of the national park is a huge statue of a bear. This is a very good place to have your photograph taken, which I did during my trip in Oct 2005.
- Pros:Very beautiful scenery and impressive temples
- Cons:The weather here is unpredictable and rainy in summer
- In a nutshell:One of the most popular natural spots in South Korea
Gwongeumseong is located on top of a mountain and it used to be a castle. This is perhaps the most famous place at Mt... more travel advice
If you want to leave a message at Mt Sorak National Park, you can do it traditionally by writing them onto black tiles... more travel advice
victorwkf's Related Pages
Sorak-sanmaek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Of Mountain Ranges and Hot Springs"
- "WELCOME ! MT,SEORAK NATIONAL PARK"
- "Mount Seoraksan (Soraksan) National Park & Sokcho"
- "A 'must do' if visiting South Korea"
- "Hiking in Seoraksan...in the rain!"
- "Temples and mountain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sorak-sanmaek
- Hotels in Sorak-sanmaek
- Transportation in Sorak-sanmaek
- Restaurants in Sorak-sanmaek
- Shopping in Sorak-sanmaek
- Warnings and Dangers in Sorak-sanmaek
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sorak-sanmaek
- 32 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Sorak-sanmaek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sorak-sanmaek
- Posted in Travel Slovenia Forum "Re: Schengen Visa"
- Commented on one of SLLiew's Sorak-sanmaek travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Explore the town of Sokcho"
- Wrote a Review Gwongeumseong in Sorak-sanmaek Things to Do
- updated a Sorak-sanmaek Travel Page "Mount Seoraksan (Soraksan) National Park & Sokcho"
Photos in Sorak-sanmaekSee All Photos (74)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues