"Danyang - Picturesque Town Along Namhan River" Tanyang by victorwkf
Tanyang Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 278 photos
Danyang (sometimes pronounced as Tanyang) is a small and picturesque town located at the bend of the Namhan River at the central Ch'ungch'ong-bukto province of South Korea.
This town is a lovely getaway from busy Seoul (about 3 hours bus ride south of Seoul), and offer sightseeing to nearby attractions such as Gosu Caves, Guinsa Temple and Sobaeksan National Park (see my VT Sobaek-sanmaek page). Actually, there are much more attractions nearby, but I do not have enough time to finish them all.
Hope the information and photos of Danyang town and surrounding areas will be useful to you.
The market at Danyang is one of the attractions of the town. In the morning, you can actually experience the local people going to the market, with lots of stores selling vegetables, seafood, meat, fruits and there is even a bazaar here.
This photo is taken at the famous Guinsa Temple about 1 hour bus ride from Danyang. This big and beautiful temple is located at a valley surrounded by mountains.
- Pros:Relaxing town along a river with lots of attractions nearby
- Cons:Language barrier
- In a nutshell:Lovely and picturesque place to visit in South Korea
Attached are a few more photos taken at Danyang town. For more photos, please go to the travelogue section of this VT... more travel advice
Danyang town is surrounded by hills in various directions. There is a hill behind the town where you can actually trek... more travel advice
victorwkf's Related Pages
Tanyang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Danyang - Picturesque Town Along Namhan River"
- "Lovely place"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tanyang
- Hotels in Tanyang
- Transportation in Tanyang
- Restaurants in Tanyang
- Warnings and Dangers in Tanyang
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Tanyang
- 38 Reviews
- 262 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Tanyang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tanyang
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues