"Siteia" Siteia by gnt70
Siteia Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 105 photos
Siteia is a small town to the east of Crete. It offers everything you may wish, restaurants, coffee shops, internet cafes, any kind of shop etc.
It is accessible by boat and airplane (there are 3 flights per week from Athens), also by road from the busiest port of the island, Herakleion.
I wanted mostly to talk about the beautiful village of Maronia, which is about 20 minutes from Siteia on the road connecting Siteia and Ierapetra.
It does not offer a lot to the visitor at the moment -there is no hotel etc- but it is a fine village, several houses are restored, beautiful to see. I had the pleasure to be offered accomodation there by the kindest of all, "gtha" (thanks again George), and enjoyed the silence, the night sky, and all the nearby beauties..
Mark this: On 15 August, the village church celebrates the day of Panagia and offers a great celebration with food, drinks and music, to any visitor. I saw them preparing months before for this event. It is their pleasure to have you there.
gnt70's Related Pages
Siteia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Off the beaten track"
- "Relaxed seaside town in eastern Crete"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Siteia
- Hotels in Siteia
- Nightlife in Siteia
- Restaurants in Siteia
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Siteia
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Siteia?Share Your Travels
Top 10 Pages
- Greece Intro, 5 reviews, 30 photos, 7 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luxembourg Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
- Nottinghamshire Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Ermoupolis Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Berlin 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Metz Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Aegina Island Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Loutrakion Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos