"Welcome to spetterke's travelstories" spetterke's Profile
<font face="comic sans ms" size="3" color="blue">May I introduce myself!
<font face="comic sans ms" size="3" color="brown">My name is Jean de Bruijn,born on the 14th august 1954.So be careful;I'm a Lion!!.I live nearby the city of Antwerp,together with my wife Mireille,and my 21 year old daughter Patricia.(She found her true love,so she won't stay that long at home anymore)My 27 year oldest daughter Vanessa lives already in her own house.
From my age of six,I used to travel already with my parents through every country of Europe.We stayed always at campingplaces.It was a great time and a big experience for me.
Later,with my wife and daugthers,we kept on traveling all around Europe,to explore the beaches,but also to spent some time in cultural,historique or other interesting places,to learn my children more than only sand and waterpleasure.
The last years we have the possibility to travel alone and discover the rest of the world.
In the late 80's,early 90's one of my greatest experiences was to discover Nothern Africa,by being a Co-Pilot in the famous desert Rally's Paris-Dakar(4 times) Egypt Fharaons Rally(once) and Tunesia Rally.
Thats why I could travel through all these countries and arrived at places in the middle of the great Sahara desert where nobody ever will come.
Fact is,that there are lot of opponents for this kind of "big money" sport.But believe me that those native people are looking forward on our arrival to earn big money by selling souvenirs,petrol and even renting their houses during the rest day.For them it is a big feast-day!!
Whenever i'm free,i'm busy doing some sports.I still play volleybal in competition,i like indoor wall-climbing until a 6a,white-water kayaking in wintertime up to class 4+ or even a 5 when I am in the mood,mountainbiking in the Ardennes in summertime,and of course a lot of hiking.Also badminton and squash I'll play only to win (sometimes).One holiday that we never delay is skiing.Monoski or snowboarding are really my favorites.When I end up in a wheelchair,I think I will try to find a way to be on the snow.I'm a type of guy that is always on the move,and I love it that way.
<font face="comic sans ms" size="3" color="blue">Coming to Belgium!!
><font face="comic sans ms" size="3" color="black">If you are planning to visit Belgium,than stay at least a few days in every city.BRUGGE,GENT and ANTWERP are worth to spent some time,hiking though the cosy streets and trying to taste some good beers we have.(The pic above is the kathedral of Antwerp,with in front the statue of P.P. Rubens,a famous painter from the 17th century)
I myself am a (house)painter too,and when I drop a spot (spetter) of paint on the floor you'll know the origin of my name spetterke.
More info about these cities;<font face="Comic sans ms" size="3" color="blue">
<img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotempbig/global/stations/06450.gif" height=40 width=467></a>
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 99 Reviews
- 288 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- spetterke and Sergiuz are now friends.
- updated a Bali Travel Page "RECOVERING BALI"
- Wrote a Review Hiking around St Lucia in South Africa Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Ndebele people"
created their Profile Page "Welcome to spetterke's travelstories"
- Commented on one of Kozzmozz's Rotterdam travel pages
Top 5 Pages
- Canary Islands Intro, 16 reviews, 85 photos, 6 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 17 reviews, 74 photos, 6 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 14 reviews, 51 photos, 6 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 24 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos