"antz's new Heidelberg Page" Heidelberg by antz

Heidelberg Travel Guide: 1,029 reviews and 2,733 photos

Heidelberg is one of Germany's biggest tourist draws due to the fact that as well as having the oldest University in Germany (the place for a serious pub crawl) it also has an amazing history.

The town was devastated during the Thirty Years War and all but destroyed by invading French troops under Louis XIV in the late 17th century.

Heidelberg is a very inspiring city and proof of this can be seen by considering poets such as Goethe and composers such as Robert Schumann.

I can quite easily say that it is one of the most beautiful and romantic citys I have ever had the pleasure to visit because that is exactly what it is - a pleasure!

• Last visit to Heidelberg: Feb 2001
  • Intro Written Sep 11, 2002

• Redlats's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2005 at 2:20 PM

I guess when we drove by Heidelberg, we were no longer students, so we drove on by. I like castle ruins tho! Next time, we will have to stop there. I enjoyed my visit thru your H. pages.

• MrBill's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2005 at 7:23 AM

Spent some enjoyable times along the Neckar river near Heidelberg. I have quite a few friends there so it always pleasant to visit them. Some excellent pubs too. Bill.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2004 at 11:08 AM

Great pages on Heidelberg. Your text is intelligent, helpful, and quite interesting. Some nice photographs also. I thought the hostel looked great.

• Pablos_new's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2003 at 12:12 AM

That is my loved place in Germany. It is not bad that you are "poor student" you will miss those times later ;-)

• chancay's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2003 at 1:02 AM

Beautiful impressions and very good information! Happy Birthday!!

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2003 at 6:39 AM

Thanks for a nice page!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2002 at 4:23 AM

You did a great job. My pics can't compare, but loved the trip & city.

• sargentjeff's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2002 at 9:25 AM

good page on a beautiful city!

• Eilian's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2002 at 11:36 AM

Good page!

• PSK808's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2002 at 4:49 PM

Great tips and pictures! :)

antz

“Where next?”

Badges & Stats in Heidelberg

Have you been to Heidelberg?

Latest Activity in Heidelberg