"antz's new Heidelberg Page" Heidelberg by antz
Heidelberg Travel Guide: 1,028 reviews and 2,730 photos
Heidelberg is one of Germany's biggest tourist draws due to the fact that as well as having the oldest University in Germany (the place for a serious pub crawl) it also has an amazing history.
The town was devastated during the Thirty Years War and all but destroyed by invading French troops under Louis XIV in the late 17th century.
Heidelberg is a very inspiring city and proof of this can be seen by considering poets such as Goethe and composers such as Robert Schumann.
I can quite easily say that it is one of the most beautiful and romantic citys I have ever had the pleasure to visit because that is exactly what it is - a pleasure!
Heidelberg is centrally situated in Germany and is easy to reach by train, car or plane. Frankfurt's International... more travel advice
Another beautiful sight is the Alte Brucke (old bridge) which crosses the Neckar. The West tower contains dungeons and... more travel advice
antz's Related Pages
Heidelberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Germany's most romantic city: HEIDELBERG"
- "This is not Heidelberg Castle, is it???"
- "Huckleberry Berg"
- "Heidelberg – a constant inspiration"
- "Nemorino in Heidelberg"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Heidelberg
- Hotels in Heidelberg
- Transportation in Heidelberg
- Nightlife in Heidelberg
- Restaurants in Heidelberg
- Shopping in Heidelberg
- Warnings and Dangers in Heidelberg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Heidelberg
- 8 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 40 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Heidelberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Heidelberg
Photos in HeidelbergSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Glasgow Intro, 23 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 18 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alvor Intro, 14 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oban Intro, 17 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bergamo Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos
- South Africa Intro, 12 reviews, 6 photos, 2 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Heidelberg Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos