"My Home" Top 5 Page for this destination Oban by antz
Oban Travel Guide: 192 reviews and 387 photos
I grew up in a village 17 miles from this town, and never particularly liked it as a child. It's funny, when you live somewhere, how you very rarely appreciate it. I went to High School in Oban and always said that I would never live there, now look at me! It took moving to Glasgow to make me realise just how great Oban is!
Oban (which means little bay in gaelic) is the largest port in the West of Scotland and commonly known as the 'Gateway to the Isles'. Ferries leave Oban to sail to Mull, Islay, Barra, South Uist, Coll and Colonsay. The resident population is around 8,000. Oban is a very popular tourist destination on the West Coast of Scotland with so much to do on its doorstep, as well as some of the most amazing scenery in Scotland!!
As I have already mentioned, Oban is the Gateway to the Isles. From here you can get a ferry to a large number of... more travel advice
Well, I am a major karate fan. I did karate for about 8 years when I was younger, and then gave it up when I moved to... more travel advice
antz's Related Pages
Oban Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Oban"
- "Capital of the West Highlands"
- "My Home"
- "Oban and Surroundings"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oban
- Hotels in Oban
- Transportation in Oban
- Nightlife in Oban
- Restaurants in Oban
- Shopping in Oban
- Warnings and Dangers in Oban
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oban
- 17 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Oban?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oban
Top 10 Pages
- Glasgow Intro, 23 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 18 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alvor Intro, 14 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oban Intro, 17 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bergamo Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos
- South Africa Intro, 12 reviews, 6 photos, 2 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Heidelberg Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos