"Edisto Island Exploring" Edisto Island by WILDEFLOWER
Edisto Island Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 42 photos
The mosquito's swarmed on us as soon as we opened the car windows. For more info on this check http://acebasin.fws.gov
Beautiful scenic road.
Spanish moss hangs from the trees to drink rainwater, absorb sunlight & take up dust or minerals leaching from the branches. It does not kill the trees. The only damage it may cause a tree is to cover up blossoms or fruits or when its rain soaked weight causes old weak limbs to snap.
The museum is operated by the Edisto Island Historic Preservation Society. Opened in 1991, the Museum, with artifacts and story boards, gives the visitor an insight into the Island's social history from Indian's social history from Indian times up to 1920.
Phone# (843)869-1954 for more info.
- Pros:Great Island Info
- In a nutshell:Little but a nice place to visit.
WILDEFLOWER's Related Pages
Edisto Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Edisto Island"
- "South Carolina's Secret Sanctuary"
- "Kallie2199's Edisto Island Page"
- "Edisto Island Exploring"
- "Welcome to my home!"
- "Sun and Sand"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Edisto Island
- Hotels in Edisto Island
- Restaurants in Edisto Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Edisto Island
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Edisto Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edisto Island
Photos in Edisto IslandSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 11 reviews, 371 photos, 10 travelogues
- Ohio Intro, 14 reviews, 132 photos, 12 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 7 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cancún Intro, 12 reviews, 97 photos, 2 travelogues
- Charleston Intro, 10 reviews, 95 photos, 4 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 6 reviews, 92 photos, 9 travelogues
- Sebastian Intro, 86 photos, 3 travelogues
- California Intro, 8 reviews, 63 photos, 7 travelogues
- Russells Point Intro, 24 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hamilton Intro, 13 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues