"Ilhabela" Ilhabela by Andreas_Fran
Ilhabela Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 37 photos
On São Paulo northern coastline, Ilhabela is on a large mountainous island covered by Atlantic Forest and the entire area is protected by a state park. On weekends and on summer times, it receives a lot of tourists attracted by the harmony between the preserved natural beauties and the charm of a small city that offers inns and good restaurants.
With an 130 km coasting, the island offers 40 awesome beaches for all taste. They are true landscape of tropical paradise with high infrastructure like Curral, wild beach like Castelhanos and calm water beach that are amazing natural swimming pools.
There are also 200 waterfalls of crystalline water on the island, besides its tracks, forest and the big diversity of flora and fauna. You also will find up to 17 different communities; with historical centers, museums and old churches, witch will enrich the culture of anyone visiting the island.
On the island side to the continent, the sea is calm, and sailers, windsurfers and kayakers visit it. It’s the place where the small urban area is concentrated, smashed between beaches and mountains. Beaches with primitive appearance and high waves or isolated places in small inlets with transparent water are on the side pointed to the open sea. The access to those places is by earth road, by long hikes or by a rent boat. Baía dos Castelhanos, Saco do Sombrio, Fome and Bonete are some of the most beautiful beaches on Ilhabela.
Don't miss, dont miss don't miss...this awesome beach. And don't forget to camp or rent a room for 1 or 2 days. Only way... more travel advice
Andreas_Fran's Related Pages
Ilhabela Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My latest visit to Ilhabela"
- "Ilhabela: out of Sao Paulo to paradise"
- "Shore excursion in Ilhabela"
- "Ilha dos Mosquitos"
- "Diving & enjoying..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ilhabela
- Hotels in Ilhabela
- Nightlife in Ilhabela
- Restaurants in Ilhabela
- Warnings and Dangers in Ilhabela
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ilhabela
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Ilhabela?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ilhabela
Photos in IlhabelaSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Salvador da Bahia Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manaus Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ouro Prêto Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pantanal Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Corfu Island Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Jericoacoara Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Olinda Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Parati Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Petrópolis Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos