"Nature reserve at Celestùn" Top 5 Page for this destination Celestùn by Redlats
Celestùn Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 49 photos
The primary reason one goes to Celestùn is to see the nature reserve. The nature reserve contains all sorts of water birds, but the star of the show is the flocks of flamingos. It is necessary to hire local motor boats to travel to the flamingo flocks.
Celestùn has a population of 6000, and is a quiet town (other than all the roosters that start crowing at 4am), with a nice beach and some tourist accommodations.
Flamingos in the wildlife santuary
- In a nutshell:Pink Flamingos are better than a pink handbag (Ask Edwinadolly)
As Celestùn is on the west coast of the Yucatan peninsula, there are nice sunsets each night. Be prepared, they are... more travel advice
Celestùn has a nice beach. We even jumped into the water for a swim. In the picture you can see the lighthouses (new and... more travel advice
Redlats' Related Pages
Celestùn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Flamingos in the Land of Flamenco"
- "Nature reserve at Celestùn"
- "Celestun; the pink flamingo colonies"
- "Pictures of Celestun"
- "Celestún, Yucatán"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Celestùn
- Hotels in Celestùn
- Restaurants in Celestùn
- Warnings and Dangers in Celestùn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Celestùn
- 10 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Celestùn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Celestùn
Photos in CelestùnSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winnipeg Intro, 34 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mérida Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Campeche Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Progreso Intro, 14 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruinas Uxmal Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tucson Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Banff National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Honolulu Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos