Banff National Park Hotel Tips by Redlats
Banff National Park Hotels: 59 reviews and 54 photos
Most national park camping sites have no reservations. It is usually best to arrive early (11am is good) to find available spots in high season. By evening, most campgrounds are full.
The pricing is a little bizarre. You pay more for services (which makes sense), but the last time we went (2002), we also had to pay a premium if we wanted a fire pit. I think we landed up paying approximately $25 Cdn a night.
We have always camped at Banff. Now that we are older, and the ground got harder and is further away than it used to be while we were young and agile, we considered staying in a hotel. Unfortunately, hotels in Banff are quite expensive ($100 Cdn is almost the bare minimum), so we still bring our tent when we want to stay overnight at Banff.
Unique Qualities: We usually land up staying in one of the Tunnel Mountain campgrounds. I like them because they are close to Banff and they are full service (showers are available, etc.). National parks usually have good sites in all locations. You have more privacy than camping for instance at KOA campgrounds.
As well, the larger parks campgrounds have interpretive programs which are often fun to listen to.
Comparison: least expensive
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (13)
Redlats' Related Pages
Banff National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CANADA'S FIRST NATIONAL PARK"
- "under re construction please come back"
- "The Canadian Rockies"
- "BANFF NATIONAL PARK"
- "Not Really Bashing Banff But...."
- "Banff National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Banff National Park
- Hotels in Banff National Park
- Transportation in Banff National Park
- Nightlife in Banff National Park
- Restaurants in Banff National Park
- Shopping in Banff National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Banff National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Best Western Hotel Eduardo VII Lisbon
- Paramount, An Ian Schrager Hotel
- Sheraton Buganvilias Resort
- Le Meridien Ile Maurice
- DoubleTree by Hilton London Victoria
- Pointes North Inn
- Lazy Bear Inn
- Edgewater Hotel - Gatlinburg
- Sheraton Suites Lexington
- El Nido Resort Miniloc Island Palawan
- Southernmost On The Beach
- Holland House Youth Hostel
- Camelot Hotel
- Protea Hotel Edward and Conference Centre Port Elizabeth
Badges & Stats in Banff National Park
- 14 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Banff National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Banff National Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: TIME SPENT on VT"
- updated a Banff National Park Travel Page "Mountains"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cave and Basin"
- Wrote a Review Cave and Basin about Banff Town/nearby Lakes/Falls in Banff National Park Things to Do
- Commented on one of Bwana_Brown's Banff National Park travel pages
Photos in Banff National ParkSee All Photos (20)
Read real reviews about Banff National Park Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winnipeg Intro, 34 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mérida Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Campeche Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 14 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Progreso Intro, 14 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruinas Uxmal Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tucson Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Banff National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Honolulu Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
Latest Banff National Park hotel reviews
- Brewster's Kananaskis Guest Ranch
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 23, 2011
- Bow Valley Motel
- 94 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Patricia Lake Bungalows
- 491 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- The Glacier View Inn
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 3, 2013
- Banff Springs Hotel
- 112 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Mt. Engadine Lodge
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 25, 2013
- Moraine Lake/ Valley of Ten Peaks- 40 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Peyto Lake- 28 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Johnston Canyon- 24 Reviews, 39 Photos
- Lakes /Mountains /Glaciers / Waterfalls- 48 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Icefields Parkway- 32 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Hiking/Trails- 20 Reviews, 63 Photos
- Lake Louise/Chateau Lake Louise.- 42 Reviews, 65 Photos
- Bow Lake- 14 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Sulphur Mountain Gondola- 13 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Banff Springs Hotel/Bannf Hot Springs- 21 Reviews, 17 Photos
See All Banff National Park Things to Do