"Mountain trails and mountain Flowers" Mount Revelstoke National Park by Redlats
Mount Revelstoke National Park Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 43 photos
Mount Revelstoke National Park offers you a 40km drive to the top of a mountain on a road with a lyrical name - the "Meadows in the Sky Parkway". From the top you can walk on a number of trails - both short and long. I have described some of the trails in the tips below
This picture is Eva Lake. A pristine lake at the end of a half day hike. It was quite a hike for our out-of-shape bodies. Most of the hikes at the top of the mountain were short however.
The other thing that the mountain top offers is easy access to mountain flowers. The travelogue offers some of the plants we noticed
We spent a weekend in a motel in Revelstoke. During the days, we drove to the top of Mount Revelstoke, hiked many of the hikes and enjoyed ourselves in the town.
If you click on this map, you will get a glimpse of the area. The town of Revelstoke is just outside the park. You can see the Meadows in the Sky Parkway (light red line) snaking up the mountain side, and at the top, the hike to Eva, Miller and Jade Lakes (black dotted line).
When we were not hiking, we entertained ourselves in Revelstoke. For instance, there was a farmers market on Saturday morning (including someone offering massage for sore hiking backs) and free bandstands each weekend evenings where we sat and listened to live bands.
- In a nutshell:A great place to hike. You get to do mountain top hiking after driving most of the way up!
The other short trails we walked were the Eagle Knoll Loop trail and the North Summit Knoll trail (both quite short).... more travel advice
On our day-long walk, we had to cross through about fifteen of these rock avalanches in each direction. As we have lost... more travel advice
Redlats' Related Pages
Mount Revelstoke National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mountain trails and mountain Flowers"
- "Gorgeous Rocky Mountain Park"
- "Awesome Place to visit."
- "Parkway to heaven"
- "Gateway through the Selkirks"
- "Meadows in the mist?"
- "Mount Revelstoke National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Revelstoke National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Revelstoke National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Revelstoke National Park
- 6 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Mount Revelstoke National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Revelstoke National Park
- updated a Mount Revelstoke National Park Travel Page "Mountain trails and mountain Flowers"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: More Rental Getaways? "
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mountain trails and mountain Flowers"
- Wrote a Review View from the top of the Mountain in Mount Revelstoke National Park Things to Do
Photos in Mount Revelstoke National ParkSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winnipeg Intro, 34 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mérida Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Campeche Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Progreso Intro, 14 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruinas Uxmal Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tucson Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Banff National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Honolulu Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos