"Tourist town" Radium Hot Springs by Redlats
Radium Hot Springs Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 9 photos
Radium is a town just south of Kooteney National Park. Most of the town is actually outside the park, but the actual hot springs is inside.
We enjoyed Radium as it provided a large selection and variety of motels - just for travellers such as us. The theme for many of the motels is the Austrian Alp chalets, so there were many flowers and the motels are all set on hillsides.
Just outside Radium, we took a picture of the Columbia River Valley off Highway 95. We read that this valley is the only remaining wetlands in BC (we still have lots and lots of wetlands in the prairies though).
Further south on Highway 95 at a place called Hoodoos Mountain Resort, we came across these hoodoos off the highway.
I included the log truck in the picture as these trucks travel constantly on the highways in this area, and we are always a little worried that one of those logs are going to jump off the truck, and hit our vehicle right through our window. (It didn't happen by the way, we made it home).
Redlats' Related Pages
Radium Hot Springs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Relaxing Radium"
- "This is a very nice place to stop."
- "Tourist town"
- "RADIUM HOT SPRINGS"
- "Radium Hot Springs - British Columbia"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Radium Hot Springs
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Radium Hot Springs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Radium Hot Springs
Photos in Radium Hot SpringsSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winnipeg Intro, 34 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mérida Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Campeche Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Progreso Intro, 14 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruinas Uxmal Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tucson Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Banff National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Honolulu Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos