"Gateway to Jasper National Park" Valemount by Redlats
Valemount Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 5 photos
Valemont is a town in BC that we have stayed in a couple of times. It sits just west of Jasper National Park, has a few hotels, a grocery store, a Swiss bakery, an Information booth and a small river which has salmon in August and very early September.
Nearby you will find the Terry Fox Provincial Park which contains a mountain dedicated to Terry Fox. Terry was a young man who happened to have lost a leg to cancer who decided to run across the country in the hopes of raising cancer awareness and also to raise one dollar from each Canadian to facilitate cancer research. Unfortunately, Terry never made it. After a year's training, he started on the east coast and had made it almost up to the Ontario/Manitoba border before he had to call off his run. He returned to BC for treatment, but died of cancer before he could resume the run.
Redlats' Related Pages
Valemount Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to Jasper National Park"
- "The valley in the mountains"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Valemount
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Valemount?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valemount
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winnipeg Intro, 34 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mérida Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Campeche Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Progreso Intro, 14 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruinas Uxmal Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tucson Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Banff National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Honolulu Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
Latest Valemount hotel reviews