"One of Manitoba's Vacationlands" Whiteshell Provincial Park by Redlats
Whiteshell Provincial Park Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 25 photos
Whiteshell Provincial Park is another park near (90 minutes) from Winnipeg that has wonderful scenery, quiet vistas, wildlife - both animal and human. A great place for a weekend.
When it rains, the fire danger is low!
Nutimik Lake is a bump in the Winnipeg River. The river expanded about 70 years ago when the river was damned at Seven Sisters to produce electricity. The Winnipeg River system is now a vacation paradise with thousands of cottages and campgrounds on its banks. It is a good waterway for boat traffic, has clean water for swimming and wildlife and is still relatively wild.
According to the park literature, there are petroforms at a number of sites in the Whiteshell. I visited the petroforms... more travel advice
Once a week -- Friday evenings, the Dunlop Hotel in Seven Sisters has a delicious buffet. We went to it in July 2006 and... more travel advice
Redlats' Related Pages
Whiteshell Provincial Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of Manitoba's Vacationlands"
- "Great outdoor experience"
- "Whiteshell Provincial Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Whiteshell Provincial Park
- Hotels in Whiteshell Provincial Park
- Restaurants in Whiteshell Provincial Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Whiteshell Provincial Park
- 8 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Whiteshell Provincial Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Whiteshell Provincial Park
- updated a Whiteshell Provincial Park Travel Page "One of Manitoba's Vacationlands"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: More Rental Getaways? "
- Commented on one of Karlie85's Whiteshell Provincial Park travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Nutimik Lake"
- Wrote a Review Whiteshell Petroforms in Whiteshell Provincial Park Things to Do
Photos in Whiteshell Provincial ParkSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winnipeg Intro, 34 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mérida Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Campeche Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Progreso Intro, 14 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruinas Uxmal Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tucson Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Banff National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Honolulu Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos