"Fargo - We used to shop there" Top 5 Page for this destination Fargo by Redlats

Fargo Travel Guide: 103 reviews and 155 photos

We used to shop in Fargo all the time. At one point, everything was cheaper in the States. Now that the situation is reversed, we do not visit as often, but we went back recently to buy shoes (I bought size 14's and my son 4 pairs of 15's). Spent our duty-free limit!!

Fargo has the West Acres Mall, and a number of box stores in the same area (Target, Walmart, etc.). Fargo is still a better place to find shoes for taller people than Winnipeg.

I have heard people say that the people in Fargo talk just like they do in the movie Fargo. I don't agree. Perhaps in rural ND, but not in the city.

Fargo has lived though a flooding Red River a few times. We were quite worried in 1997 when it literally flooded most of Fargo and Grand Forks (and a huge amount of Southern Manitoba north of them). I believe they have added better flood protection since then.

• Last visit to Fargo: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 10, 2006

• riorich55's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2009 at 9:25 AM

Did you ever get a chance to stop at Sarello's in Moorhead in Fargo? I've eaten there 4 times and it is fantastic!!! The owner even does a live radio show on internet on Saturday.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2008 at 2:58 PM

i stopped briefly in fargo on my way across the states once, but had little time to explore. hopefully next time i will have more time.

• May 3, 2007 at 7:47 AM

Hi, You have to try Toscana it's a new place at 202 Broadway Fargo It is Italian and French, the food is awesome they have a chef from Tuscany I would have to say it is far better than Sorello's and and has no competion in the Fargo-Moorhead area.

• Feb 6, 2007 at 9:00 AM

Canadians are the most rude & annoying customers any business could ever ask for. Ask anyone who works in customer service…eh?

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2006 at 6:18 AM

Nice Fargo pages. If it's in the song on my homepage, I'll have to visit there someday, and build a VT page for it. At least now I know to bring a bag lunch with me to Fargo.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2005 at 4:20 AM

It can be a lot of fun touring these small mid-west towns and cities (every so often)! Nice page Lats!

• pipsqueak's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2004 at 6:32 AM

It is funny you say that about the accent. I grew up 90 miles from Fargo, and when we went to Europe, everyone thought we were from Canada because of our accents...

• caffeine_induced78's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2003 at 10:27 PM

I found that accent so elusive. Nice page and great tips.

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2002 at 6:28 PM

You`re right. They DON`T talk like the movie.

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2002 at 3:48 AM

Wierd for us to have countries so close together.

Redlats