"NY : a city to discover by foot" New York City by GUYON
New York City Travel Guide: 15,714 reviews and 31,492 photos
For a tourist NY is Manhattan. He ignores the other boroughs. It is certainly an error.
Manhattan is divided in 3 areas : Downtown (1st to 14th street), Midtown (15th to 59th street),Uptown (from 59th st in the North).
If you know where is the North, you cannot be lost in Manhattan. The avenues are oriented N-S, the streets E-W.
When you have a walk by the streets you are among the world because all the countries have sent somebody there. It is logic that United Nations have chosen NY as their head.
There are 100.000 French people in NY but my countrymen are too individualistic to have their own area like Italians or Chinese.
The better way to discover the city is by foot going from a site seeing to a museum, from a shop to a restaurant, from a tower to park.
This photograph was taken in 1999.
It crosses Chinatown and it is famous for its street vendors.
God, make my stocks raise.
Does the sculptor show a globe exploding or reconstituted. more travel advice
- See All Statue of Liberty
- See All The Staten Island Ferry
- See All Food and songs
- See All The series
- See All How to become a millionnaire
- See All Canal Street
GUYON's Related Pages
New York City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A NYC GYPSY AT HEART"
- "NYC: Everyday, Something new."
- "I Heart New York."
- ""I want to be a part of it ...""
- ". : New York City : ."
- "New York City"
- "I loved it - and I don't even like apples!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New York City
- Hotels in New York City
- Transportation in New York City
- Nightlife in New York City
- Restaurants in New York City
- Shopping in New York City
- Warnings and Dangers in New York City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New York City
- 65 Reviews
- 105 Photos
- 29 Forum posts
- 40 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to New York City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New York City
Photos in New York CitySee All Photos (105)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 184 reviews, 702 photos, 34 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 65 reviews, 105 photos, 8 travelogues
- Key West Intro, 45 reviews, 122 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lignano Sabbiadoro Intro, 45 reviews, 114 photos
- Savannah Intro, 29 reviews, 102 photos
- Miami Beach Intro, 40 reviews, 64 photos
- Norway Intro, 32 reviews, 66 photos, 7 travelogues
- Montpellier Intro, 30 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 18 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- North America Intro, 11 reviews, 69 photos, 11 travelogues