"Narvik" Top 5 Page for this destination Narvik by GUYON
Narvik Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 234 photos
Narvik is famous in France because the French General Bethouard and his troups, allied with UK, landed here in April 1940 to help the Norway invaded by German army.
The city was competly destroyed. So the current buidlings are new and there is nothing really interesting to see except this sign.
Photograph taken from Voksen Hill.
French World War II memorial. At the beginning of the War English and French troups come to help Norway and to prevent... more travel advice
GUYON's Related Pages
Narvik Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Narvik and Surroundings"
- "Between the mountains and the ocean"
- "Journey along the Arctic Highway"
- "MY HOMETOWN NARVIK"
- "68°25' N 17°33' E"
- "monica78's new Narvik Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Narvik
- Hotels in Narvik
- Transportation in Narvik
- Restaurants in Narvik
- Warnings and Dangers in Narvik
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Narvik
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Narvik?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Narvik
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 184 reviews, 702 photos, 34 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 65 reviews, 105 photos, 8 travelogues
- Key West Intro, 45 reviews, 122 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lignano Sabbiadoro Intro, 45 reviews, 114 photos
- Savannah Intro, 29 reviews, 102 photos
- Miami Beach Intro, 40 reviews, 64 photos
- Norway Intro, 32 reviews, 66 photos, 7 travelogues
- Montpellier Intro, 30 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 18 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- North America Intro, 11 reviews, 69 photos, 11 travelogues