"Fagagna : my mother's hometown" Fagagna by GUYON
Fagagna Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
During our stay in Lignano Sabbiadoro, we visited Fagagna, a village North West of Udine, province capital.
It is my mother's home town. She left to move to France with her family in 1928 because there was no work in the area. The Friulans are known to be hardworkers, especially in construction. My grand father was a very strong man able to dig the soil in a time the mecchanical diggers did not be invented.
My mother went back in 1967, 39 years after she left. When she went out the car, she was immediatly recognized by a school mate.
Now, there are several enterprises in the village to bring work to the inhabitants and even to some emigrants.
But it is not a true touristic town.
See the web site :
- Pros:Not too touristy
- Cons:Few to see
- In a nutshell:Only if you have your roots there
GUYON's Related Pages
Fagagna Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Fagagna
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Fagagna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fagagna
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 184 reviews, 702 photos, 34 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 65 reviews, 105 photos, 8 travelogues
- Key West Intro, 45 reviews, 122 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lignano Sabbiadoro Intro, 45 reviews, 114 photos
- Savannah Intro, 29 reviews, 102 photos
- Miami Beach Intro, 40 reviews, 64 photos
- Norway Intro, 32 reviews, 66 photos, 7 travelogues
- Montpellier Intro, 30 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 18 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- North America Intro, 11 reviews, 69 photos, 11 travelogues