"Cordes : a medieval city" Cordes by GUYON
Cordes Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 114 photos
C'est là ce qui fait l'enchantement de Cordes ; tout y est beau, même le regret. Albert Camus
Attempt of translation (with my anticipated apologize) :
Here is the delight of Cordes : everything is beautiful there, even the regret.
At 25 Km from Albi by route D 600, Cordes appears on a hill, overhanging the plateau and dominating the river.
Initially erected in 1222 to protect Albi against the crusaders (war between the King of France and the Comte de Toulouse protecting the Cathars), the city was avoided by the knights came from North. For this reason, it has kept its rampart and its medieval aspect.
Klod5 has just given complete, relevant and illustrated tips on Cordes. So I must give different info.
Visit freely the church Saint Michel. St Michel was this guy who did not like beats and he killed a poor dragoon without... more travel advice
It is not easy to find a parking place in Summer. In April, it is easier. Nethertheless, the price is uniform : 2,50... more travel advice
GUYON's Related Pages
Cordes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cordes - The perfect Medieval Village"
- "Cordes sur Ciel"
- "Cordes : a medieval city"
- "An Authentic Old French Hill Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cordes
- Hotels in Cordes
- Transportation in Cordes
- Restaurants in Cordes
- Shopping in Cordes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cordes
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Cordes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cordes
Photos in CordesSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 184 reviews, 702 photos, 34 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 65 reviews, 105 photos, 8 travelogues
- Key West Intro, 45 reviews, 122 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lignano Sabbiadoro Intro, 45 reviews, 114 photos
- Savannah Intro, 29 reviews, 102 photos
- Miami Beach Intro, 40 reviews, 64 photos
- Norway Intro, 32 reviews, 66 photos, 7 travelogues
- Montpellier Intro, 30 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 18 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- North America Intro, 11 reviews, 69 photos, 11 travelogues