"On vacation, do not forget your knives" Laguiole by GUYON
Laguiole Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 5 photos
You know the Zwiss penknife but do you know the knife from Laguiole ?
The Laguiole is a knife with a special shape, initially made for the shepherds. It is a mix between the traditional knife of the Auvergnates and the one of shepherds from Corsica.
It is often copied and you can guess if you have or not a true Laguiole with the 3 conditions :
1/ it has the typical shape you can see on the picture.
2/ it has a blazon : a bee or abull (bull of Aubrac) or a swordfish.
3/ 20 years after you bought it, it is still in good order because it is a hand made object.
The Laguiole can be an arm, a tool (to sculpt a baston) or a setting. The last use is the most common and you can find also forks and spoons to fit with the knives you buy.
- Pros:Capital of the knife
- Cons:Nothing than the knives
- In a nutshell:Knife and bull
Laguiole is located between Rodez and St Flour on the Route D 921. Not far from Espalion. more travel advice
The main shops are around the central parking place. We visited several shops and we saw the prices are different... more travel advice
GUYON's Related Pages
Laguiole Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Laguiole
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Laguiole?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Laguiole
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 184 reviews, 702 photos, 34 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 65 reviews, 105 photos, 8 travelogues
- Key West Intro, 45 reviews, 122 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lignano Sabbiadoro Intro, 45 reviews, 114 photos
- Savannah Intro, 29 reviews, 102 photos
- Miami Beach Intro, 40 reviews, 64 photos
- Norway Intro, 32 reviews, 66 photos, 7 travelogues
- Montpellier Intro, 30 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 18 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- North America Intro, 11 reviews, 69 photos, 11 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (16)
Latest Laguiole hotel reviews
- Michel Bras
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 19, 2012