"Neuilly-sur-Seine near Paris" Neuilly-sur-Seine by GUYON

Neuilly-sur-Seine Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 42 photos

La banlieue dorée (the golden suburbs)

Neuilly-sur-Seine (do not make any confusion, there are a lot of Neuilly in France) is a town, just beside Paris, between the Porte Maillot and la Defense.

Neuilly is known as one of the most wealthy suburbs of Paris.

One of my boss (Mr de ....) told me : "When I was young, just after our wedding, we lived in a HLM (social building) in Neuilly ... rue du Chateau". This day, I discovered my boss did not know what is a HLM.

Often, the tourists know only the avenue Charles de Gaulle which links Porte Maillot to La Defense. The town is not touristic but it has some luxurious shops (food especially) which fit with the type of inhabitants.

Avenue Charles de Gaulle (West)

Going to the West, there is La Defense : the business area of Paris.

Following this avenue, you must cross the Pont de Neuilly on the River Seine.

In the far you can see the Grande Arche.

Avenue Charles de Gaulle (East)

The avenue goes to Paris in the East. You enter Paris by the Porte Maillot.

In the far you can see the Arc de Triomphe of which shape answers to the Grande Arche in La Defense.

• Pros:Pretty buildings and nice shops
  • Cons:I am not able to afford a house there
  • In a nutshell:Wealthy suburbs
  • Last visit to Neuilly-sur-Seine: Mar 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 9, 2003

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2008 at 6:04 AM

Hi Ray. Thanks for your tips on Neuilly-sur-Seine. However...not sure that the word "French fries" comes from France ;-)

• BeatChick's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2005 at 9:26 AM

Bonjour, Guyon! I must admit that I only know of Neuilly-sur-Seine because this is where Anais Nin was born. :) Great page!

• Neesie's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2005 at 9:21 AM

Guyon, thank you for posting pictures and details of life (shopping, dining, church) in your neighborhood. I think of France as a wonderful place to visit, maybe the trip of a lifetime. I really appreciate the perspective of a native. Thank you. Denise R.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2004 at 5:34 AM

Can't believe that I am the first to see or at least rate this lovely group of pages. Elegant intro photo and good narratives. A little known place with some interesting shopping & restaurants.

GUYON

“If you know how to fold a map, you know how to travel”

Badges & Stats in Neuilly-sur-Seine

Have you been to Neuilly-sur-Seine?

Latest Activity in Neuilly-sur-Seine