"Postman Cheval" Valence by GUYON
Valence Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 9 photos
Near Valence, in the village of Hauterive, there is the only example of construction of the Naive Art, mainly known by the paintings of the Douanier (Customs officer) ROUSSEAU (may be a sort of art reserved to State Agents).
It is difficult to classify this odd work : construction, scupture. But something is sure : it is unique as its author, the Postman Cheval, wanted ("J'entreprends quelquechose qui n'eut jamais d'égal...").
During 33 years, CHEVAL devoted his life to the building of his 'Palace'. more travel advice
be amazed by the work of the FACTEUR CHEVAL (cheval = horse) During several years, he built his palace : a mix of Asian... more travel advice
GUYON's Related Pages
Valence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Postman Cheval"
- "Rob47's new Valence Page"
- "Jaco_Emmen's new Valence Page"
- See All...
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Valence
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Valence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valence
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 184 reviews, 702 photos, 34 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 65 reviews, 105 photos, 8 travelogues
- Key West Intro, 45 reviews, 122 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lignano Sabbiadoro Intro, 45 reviews, 114 photos
- Savannah Intro, 29 reviews, 102 photos
- Miami Beach Intro, 40 reviews, 64 photos
- Norway Intro, 32 reviews, 66 photos, 7 travelogues
- Montpellier Intro, 30 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 18 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- North America Intro, 11 reviews, 69 photos, 11 travelogues