"flyingkiwi's new Nagoya Page" Nagoya by flyingkiwi
Nagoya Travel Guide: 406 reviews and 1,090 photos
Nagoya, a city of two and a half million, claims the title of Japan's forth largest city and has been the crossroads between eastern and western Japan for centuries.
Nagoya provides a gateway to Inuyama, site of one of Japan's few original castles and home to an outstanding open air museum featuring Meiji era architecture; Ise, home of Japan's most sacred Shinto shrine; and Hikone, another original castle. You'll find good food in Nagoya, especially local chicken, kishimen noodles and sukiyaki, using premium Matsuzaka beef raised nearby.
Nagoya borders Japan's two large plains; Kanto, with Tokyo as its centre, and Kansai, with Osaka/Kyoto as its centre.
The above photo is an ariel view of Nagoya taken from the TV Tower in the center of the city.
Here are a few points of Japanese etiquette that will make your trip go more smoothly. Bowing: Japanese don't shake... more travel advice
flyingkiwi's Related Pages
Nagoya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EXPO 2005"
- "Park and Garden City"
- "World Expo 2005"
- "Nagoya, Japan"
- "Yujiro's Nagoya Page"
- "Nagoya 2004"
- "flyingkiwi's new Nagoya Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nagoya
- Hotels in Nagoya
- Transportation in Nagoya
- Nightlife in Nagoya
- Restaurants in Nagoya
- Shopping in Nagoya
- Warnings and Dangers in Nagoya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nagoya
- 27 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 115 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Nagoya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nagoya
Photos in NagoyaSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Nagoya Intro, 27 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 22 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 2 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bratislava Intro, 17 reviews, 13 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 5 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Minsk Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Sittingbourne Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos, 3 travelogues