"flyingkiwi's new Nagoya Page" Nagoya by flyingkiwi

Nagoya Travel Guide: 406 reviews and 1,090 photos

Nagoya, a city of two and a half million, claims the title of Japan's forth largest city and has been the crossroads between eastern and western Japan for centuries.

Nagoya provides a gateway to Inuyama, site of one of Japan's few original castles and home to an outstanding open air museum featuring Meiji era architecture; Ise, home of Japan's most sacred Shinto shrine; and Hikone, another original castle. You'll find good food in Nagoya, especially local chicken, kishimen noodles and sukiyaki, using premium Matsuzaka beef raised nearby.

Nagoya borders Japan's two large plains; Kanto, with Tokyo as its centre, and Kansai, with Osaka/Kyoto as its centre.

The above photo is an ariel view of Nagoya taken from the TV Tower in the center of the city.

• Last visit to Nagoya: Sep 2005
  • Intro Updated Sep 29, 2005

• May 13, 2007 at 2:21 AM

hallo I am searching a website or e-mailadress from the Nagoya zoo and Botanical garden. who can help me, please?? Thank you very much

• sprdak11's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2007 at 9:23 AM

Nice page. Greetings.

• Sep 26, 2006 at 6:59 AM

I think I have been to dat bar.Does that place have a classic air football table near the entrance?The bar tender sometimes has his dog inside the front.If so you might have seen my auntie or some of her friends there. They are regulars.

• Scandic's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2006 at 5:55 AM

Nice Nagoya pages! I am flying there next Summer and all info is great to have. =) Thanks, looks like a party town...

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2005 at 8:45 AM

nice tips and petit ryokan sounds great.

• DarkRay's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2005 at 9:40 AM

*Woah* You are really very tall.... And, your photo of Nagoya Castle is very good!

• saraheg77's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2005 at 12:18 AM

Nice tips! I hope we get to go to Japan sometime!

• wathy's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2005 at 8:59 AM

thank you for leaving comment in my nagoya page. You nagoya page had gave me a nice tips before I visited Nagoya. Hope you have a nice trip in September!

• cheesecake17's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2005 at 5:21 AM

thanks..the expo was great..still not done with my hp....:)...plan well...there is lots to see...it will be done on the 15 of sept......

• Jun 22, 2005 at 8:35 AM

Thanks for introducing my city, Nagoya. I've been missing hometown for a while... Have a good one

flyingkiwi