"WELCOME TO THE KIWIS NEST!" flyingkiwi's Profile

2008

I don't know how you got here but I'm glad you did! Let me tell you a little about myself....

I have been on this planet for 33 years now absorbing every little piece of information along the way. I always was this way ever since I was a small boy. Perhaps my great love of travel comes from my mother, her exploits still leave a deep impact in my mind. This was travel when people would travel for travel sake. Travel on a shoestring in the swinging sixties when you wouldn't think twice about thumbing a lift with a complete stranger. Travel has come along way since but I beleive the basic principles are still the same.

"This is my website. These are my travels. Read & enjoy this great adventure like I have!

Never look back for life is too short. Follow your dreams & ambitions and you'll achieve anything. In this brave new world nothing is impossible!"

I guess I first started travelling at a very young age. My very first journey on a plane took me all the way to New Zealand (The place I now call home!). Since then I have tried to cram in as many places as possible to achieve my dream. From the Eiffel Tower to the peaks of Mount fuji. It is a journey which has had many ups & downs and one which has frequently left me out of pocket but one in which I can honestly say I've had very few regrets.

I am fortunate in that I now work in the industry I love. I have been involved with business travel for the last 10 years. Occasionally my job takes me to places far & wide. I have stayed in fabulous hotels that I could only dream off several years back and I have experienced many facinating cultures and remarkable people along the way.

Virtual Tourist has given me the opportunity to bring these stories to you. I want to share my travels with you. Together we can learn more about each other. It is a wonderful thing to be able to do.

Thank you Virtual Tourist for bring people together like this. You really are doing an amazing job!

Fk

UPDATE

In about a months time I plan to be living and working in Copenhagen with my Danish girlfriend. It's an exciting time for us both and I cannot wait to discover this wonderful city and its people!

UPDATE

Well folks here I am back in the United Kingdom having just experienced the most fantastic month ever in Southeast Asia! Plenty of photos to download for you all to see soon enough. In the meantime have fun and don't forget to keep me posted on your travels. Wherever you may be in the World!

UPDATE

I'M PACKING MY BAGS! Yes! In a little under a months time I'm heading over to Malaysia for a months travelling around Southeast Asia and Japan. Really excited about it. In fact I can't wait! :)

After this trip I'll be heading back to good old England for a while to spend some quality time with my family and catch up with friends whom I havent seen for over a year.

After that who knows? ;)

GET THE LATEST NEWS ON LFK'S GREAT ADVENTURE HERE!

LATEST NEWS!!!!

LFK UPDATE: LFK IS ALIVE AND WELL!!! I HAVE RECEIVED A TELEGRAM FROM OUR AGENTS IN NEW YORK WHO ASSURE ME THAT THE LITTLE CRITTER WILL BE ON HIS WAY TO EUROPE FIRST THING TOMORROW! HURRAH!

ATTN ALL VTers 'HOSTING' LFK. PLEASE READ THE Q & A ON THE ABOVE LINK. THANKS FK

ALSO

A HUGE THANKYOU TO THE MANY VTers WHO HAVE ALREADY CONTACTED ME OFFERING THEIR SUPPORT. I KNOW THERE ARE A LOT OF YOU OUT THERE KEEN TO 'HOST' LFK BUT DUE TO THE COMPLEX NATURE OF HIS TRIP THIS MAY NOT ALWAYS BE POSSIBLE. HOWEVER, THAT IS NOT TO SAY OTHER MEMBERS CANNOT SEND THEIR OWN LITTLE FRIENDS AROUND THE WORLD. HOW ABOUT IT GUYS? :)

Be sure to check out the latest Travelogue LFK VT World Tour or to see the latest photos take a look at his Photo Album & keep coming back for regular 'on location' updates from our fearless feathered friend!

LFK Progress report: LFK in Germany

Latest extract from the diary of LFK (dated 15.09.06) to follow.....

LFK Progress report: LFK in the big Smoke!

Latest extract from the diary of LFK (dated 28.03.06)

Just got back from Cornwall's famous Jamaica Inn, and there's a note on the doormat: Parcel in shed. Who do I find in there? Well, bless my soul! It's only LFK, just down from the Big Smoke (London)!!!!!

Thanks Jules x x x . LFK reeks of alcohol, so now I will have to detox him for a week or so. The fresh air down here will soon put him to rights, in preparation for his next trip to Germany. But, before then, he's going to have some fun. Pity he arrived after we had been to Jamaica Inn, but we'll find somewhere nice for him. I wonder if he likes surfing?? Haha.

The Travelogues

I've written a couple of special Travelogues which I have incorporated into my Virtual Tourist pages.

The first Scandinavia by rail tells the story of me as a wide eyed 18 year old setting out to conquer the forbidding Arctic Circle in a quest to reach Norway's North Cape. Read about my many adventures along the way as I journey by boat and train through the Nordic Countries of Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway.

The second entitled A French Connection tells of my trip to the beautiful South of France where I spend a summer with my friends exploring the regions of Cote d'Azur and the French Alps.

I have also written short stories for my visit to the beautiful city of Prague and look out for my brand new Travelogue entitled The Baltic's and Beyond giving a full account of a trip I took in May 2004 from Finland to Austria taking in the Baltic States, Belarus, Ukraine and Slovakia along the way.

flyingkiwi is also a Top 5 rated member in the following pages

1 egg white
30ml lime juice
30ml lemon juice

How do I make it:

In a Boston shaker, muddle kiwifruit and add all the other ingredients. Shake vigorously and strain into a v-shaped tumbler. Garnish with a kiwifruit wheel.

Ok now you are sitting comfortably (Cocktail in hand) I have listed the following websites which you might find helpful if looking for FREE accommodation abroad...

Global Freeloaders

Couch Surfing

The Hospitality Club

I have registered my details with all three websites so please, if any of you good people are planning a trip to Auckland, do not hesitate to look me up!

Travel plans for 2005

Here are a few of my travel plans for 2005!

Melbourne (Australia) - Jan 2005
Sunshine Coast (Australia) - Jul 2005
Malaysia - September 2005
Singapore - September 2005
Japan - September 2005
England - October 2005

THE FK APPRECIATION SOCIETY ;)

Geisha_Girl Thu Nov 11, 2004

"Hey, when do I get invited to a Flyingkiwi party?! Some VT trivia: Flyingkiwi was Geisha_Girl's VERY FIRST friend on her list! Flyingkiwi was the driving force behind Geisha Girl's membership subscription to VT....But WHEN do WE get to party Mark?!! ;-))"

Angelinka Mon Nov 8, 2004

"Mark, thank u for nice words and believe me that we will go to ... together, I miss u too so much!Angelika"

C_C_twins Fri Nov 5, 2004

"hey Mark, thanks for visiting my page....your page is the best which have i seen since i am on VT! very interesting introduction about you & your journeys! good luck in NZ :))))"

Robinski9 Fri Oct 22, 2004

"Glad to see you've finally flown. :) Hope you're happy in your new nest! I'll see if I can't send you some odd bits of yarn or bright, shiny things. :)"

blondie_pl Tue Jun 8, 2004

"Thanks for your comment :-) I love what I've read about you here, life's there to be lived after all and you obviously love to live it!"

ambera101 Sun Apr 4, 2004

"I love your outlook on life and travel. Your description of Naples is breathtaking...fabulous writing skills!"

• Intro Updated May 19, 2010

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!