"DEUTSCHLAND!!!!!!" Germany by miromi
Germany Travel Guide: 57,214 reviews and 168,401 photos
It is a tragedy how many buildings and cities were destroyed by the world wars. Most German cities are not especially beautiful or even historical, as so many of them were rebuilt after world war 2 in some of the scariest postwar architecure in existence in both east and west.
I find that smaller towns tend to be prettier than the cities, and if want to see more traditional architecture it is best to rent a car and just wander around.
If you are visiting it would be useful not too focus only on World War 2 as so many people do, but also to recognize the other beautiful contributions of Germany to world civilization: the romantic movement, Kraftwerk and other goodlooking techno producers in tight pants, and great death metal music
- Pros:beautiful summers, leafy landscapes, gorgeous towns
- Cons:a little expensive, lots of ugly postwar cities, uptight people
- In a nutshell:one of my favorite western european countries!
you really shouldn't miss out on the crazy east german communist monuments in various stages of decay throughout the... more travel advice
Movie theaters work by reservation and assigned seating. I'd really like to see them pull off assigned seating in New... more travel advice
- München isn't a tourist...
- See All People are generally polite,...
- I LOVE GERMAN TOILETS. But...
miromi's Related Pages
Germany Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where to go and what to see !"
- "Germany - my beautiful home country :-)"
- "Germany on a Budget from an Insider"
- "Breweries, Hikes and Climbs"
- "Paul's Germany Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Germany
- Hotels in Germany
- Transportation in Germany
- Nightlife in Germany
- Restaurants in Germany
- Shopping in Germany
- Warnings and Dangers in Germany
- See All...
Explore the World
- Colonial National Historical Parkway Hotels
- Tahoe City Hotels
- La Verna Hotels
- Sjeverni Velebit National Park Hotels
- Butcher Island Hotels
- Garden City
- Veliko Turnovo Hotels
- La Boquilla
- Port Douglas
Badges & Stats in Germany
- 123 Reviews
- 102 Photos
- 50 Forum posts
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Germany?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Germany
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 77 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 34 reviews, 39 photos, 7 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- São Paulo Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 6 photos
- Paris Intro, 10 reviews, 4 photos
- Krakow Intro, 10 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Everglades City Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Philippines Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
Top Germany hotels
- Berlin Hotels
- 6983 Reviews - 15645 Photos
- Munich Hotels
- 4322 Reviews - 10033 Photos
- Cologne Hotels
- 1609 Reviews - 4011 Photos
- Düsseldorf Hotels
- 951 Reviews - 2159 Photos
- Hamburg Hotels
- 1466 Reviews - 3484 Photos
- Frankfurt am Main Hotels
- 1733 Reviews - 3744 Photos
- Leipzig Hotels
- 515 Reviews - 1102 Photos
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen Hotels
- 320 Reviews - 1105 Photos
- Nürnberg Hotels
- 932 Reviews - 3138 Photos
- Mainz Hotels
- 323 Reviews - 738 Photos
- Stuttgart Hotels
- 615 Reviews - 1596 Photos
- Hannover Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 2124 Photos
- Trier Hotels
- 580 Reviews - 1449 Photos
- Flensburg Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 59 Photos
- Koblenz Hotels
- 346 Reviews - 821 Photos