Berlin Hotel Tips by miromi
Berlin Hotels: 60,858 reviews and 512 photos
If you are staying in Berlin I recommend this hostel. It has the best personality and one of the nicer locations. While Mitte may be more central, it's worth it to consider staying in Friedrichshain, where most of the good clubs are only a train or tram stop away.
Unique Qualities: a great atmosphere and café out front, close to all the genuinely good nightlife
Address: Grünberger Str. 23
Comparison: about average
Price: less than US$20
die fabrik hostel
Unique Qualities: I have actually never stayed here, but friends of mine have and have loved it. I am used to meeting up with them in the caf? down below. For people who want an elegant but affordable place to stay without naked teenager backpacker antics, this is the place for you. The location is also more exciting to me than any locations in Mitte... the area has all the oldtime leftwing institutions like SO36 as well as the liveliness of the immigrants and the up and coming artsy antics of the galleries invading schlesischer street
Address: Schlesische Strasse 18
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: U15 - Schlesischer Tor
Phone: + 49 30 611 71 16
$12 dorm, $20/night/bed single
Unique Qualities: 'the most central hostel in town' right in the heart of the Mitte. One of the best things about this hostel is its location. the time out guide said that this place had a grungy smell, which simply wasn't true; it was quite clean, bright and cheerful when I stayed, and conveniently located above the Kalkscheune club. i liked the cobblestone courtyard and the random opportunities to sneak into a darkwave room inbetween lots of sweaty clubbing Germans in the middle of the night. there's also a dirt path to Tacheles (see nightlife) across the street and easy late night runs to the Brasilian hot dog stand.
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: MITTE Oranienburger Tor or Oranienburger Str (U7 or u? stops) Kalkscheunstr. 4-5
Other Contact: 030 / 280 97979 & 030 / 280 9797
More Reviews (74)
- See All a Turkish mosque!
- See All nightlife and culture guides in English
- See All Rotkäppchen sekt
- See All cozy used English books and cozier...
- See All buy happily!
- See All Karneval der Kulturen (end of May -...
- See All buying water
- See All Dahlem Dorf Indian and East Asian art...
- See All german police men
- See All badeschiff - pool in the spree
- See All starcar: the cheapest car rental in...
- Packing List
miromi's Related Pages
Berlin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More than the capital of Germany"
- "Berlin, Berlin - wir fahren nach Berlin!"
- "Berlin in my way"
- "Wunderbar Berlin"
- "Berlin - the whole world in one town"
- "Berlin .... und das ist gut so!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Berlin
- Hotels in Berlin
- Transportation in Berlin
- Nightlife in Berlin
- Restaurants in Berlin
- Shopping in Berlin
- Warnings and Dangers in Berlin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Berlin
- 77 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 41 Forum posts
- 103 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Berlin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Berlin
Photos in BerlinSee All Photos (63)
Read real reviews about Berlin Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 77 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 34 reviews, 39 photos, 7 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- São Paulo Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 6 photos
- Paris Intro, 10 reviews, 4 photos
- Krakow Intro, 10 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Everglades City Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Philippines Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Reichstag- 180 Reviews, 315 Photos
- Checkpoint Charlie- 159 Reviews, 261 Photos
- History - World War II- 78 Reviews, 201 Photos
- Brandenburger Tor- 180 Reviews, 302 Photos
- Fernsehturm - TV Tower- 86 Reviews, 158 Photos
- Alexanderplatz- 88 Reviews, 154 Photos
- Potsdamer Platz- 95 Reviews, 196 Photos
- Berlin Wall- 135 Reviews, 260 Photos
- Museumsinsel - Museum Island- 116 Reviews, 245 Photos
- Tiergarten - Zoo- 77 Reviews, 160 Photos
See All Berlin Things to Do