"It's what you make of it!" Top 5 Page for this destination Yokosuka by hippie005

Yokosuka Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 40 photos

Yokosuka Japan, USN Base

The first day I got here, I cried from the culture shock, and I was raised by my OKINAWAN MOTHER!!! That being said, I've loved it ever since my tears dried. There are TONS of things to do, TONS of ways to get everywhere (train, drive, whatever!) and other than the prices being a little high here when you shop out in town, there are deals to be found and nice Japanese folks to try to speak garbled Japanese to! Not everyone is nice, but that can be said about anyplace you go. The Japanese have lots of technology and in places you would not even expect, like the bathroom. They have automated toilets with bidet systems built in inside of a MCDONALDS, and other such wonderous finds. The shrines are glorious and even though Americans aren't allowed in the local shrines or graveyards due to vandalism (thanks idiots) we are still allowed in many others outside of Yokosuka. I love it here. I've met a lot of people who hate it, but it is what you make of it. I think it's freaking awesome and I am going to do something new here as much as my wallet will allow.

• Last visit to Yokosuka: Dec 2005
  • Intro Written Sep 10, 2006

• Sep 13, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Hi< I just arived in Youkouska and I'm really enjoying myself. My husband is DOD and he took a job here for 3-5 years. We've been here 2 weeks and I see that there are some good places to eat. I noticed on your page you made a comment about a Restaurant called Belle Neige. I would really like to take my husbandfor our anniversary but no one can tell me where it is and I tried calling but they couldnt speak English too well. Can you tell me where this place is located? I'm here o Yokouska Naval base. I would appreciate any directions you can provide. Thanks!

hippie005 Used To Live Here!

hippie005

“Living a pretty decent life! ”

Badges & Stats in Yokosuka

Have you been to Yokosuka?

Latest Activity in Yokosuka