"I never read the books but I've been to Forks!" Forks by hippie005
Forks Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 35 photos
Even though I've never cracked the cover of Twilight, my daughters and niece had so off we went to Forks, Washington. Forks turned out to be a funny, quirky little place and we had lots of fun there. Not much in terms of things to do or see, but there are other places close by and once you see all the sights in Forks (which takes about two hours if you linger around or have a large crowd to wait for) you can hit the road and go to nearby beaches, the Hoh Rainforest or anything else you'd like to do. We did the Forks whirlwind tour and two beaches in one day.
There aren't many places to shop there so we avoided the huge sporting goods store (I cannot recall the name of it but you can't miss the thing, it's as big as the entire downtown area) and went to the local drugstore. They had lots of tourist-y kitsch items for sale and plenty of tees, sweatshirts and Twilight paraphernalia. There aren't many places to eat and if you get there after eight at night like we did, good luck finding anything open. It's a tiny town. We walked to the drugstore from our hotel and felt safe.
- Pros:Quaint, friendly folks, quiet
- Cons:Small town, early closing hours
- In a nutshell:It's a charming little town.
You have to start your "Twilight" thing somewhere and since I haven't read any of the books, I thought we should start... more travel advice
hippie005's Related Pages
Forks Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Forks - home of the Twilight Saga"
- "Twilight of the Vampires"
- "Overview of Forks, Washington"
- "Forks, the Timber Town"
- "TWILIGHT put this town on the map"
- "Forks Page"
- "I never read the books but I've been to Forks!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Forks
- Hotels in Forks
- Restaurants in Forks
- Warnings and Dangers in Forks
- See All...
Explore the World
- Burkina Faso Hotels
- Bad Dürkheim
- San Giovanni Rotondo
- West Panama City Beach Hotels
- Glendale Hotels
- Isla Baltra
- Kastel Kambelovac
- Isola di Capraia
- Liverpool Hotels
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Federal Way Hotels
- Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Hotels
Badges & Stats in Forks
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Forks?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Forks
Photos in ForksSee All Photos (7)
Top 5 Pages
- Forks Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- St. Clair Shores Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Washington State 1 review, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yokosuka Intro, 5 reviews, 1 photo
- Port Orchard Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
Latest Forks hotel reviews
- The Pacific Inn Motel
- 498 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 24, 2013
- Kalaloch Lodge
- 122 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 15, 2013
- Forks Motel
- 234 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 9, 2013
- Manitou Lodge Bed and Breakfast
- 307 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 18, 2013
- DEW DROP INN MOTEL FORKS
- 97 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 2, 2013