"I never read the books but I've been to Forks!" Forks by hippie005

Forks Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 35 photos

Forks, a small town adventure

Even though I've never cracked the cover of Twilight, my daughters and niece had so off we went to Forks, Washington. Forks turned out to be a funny, quirky little place and we had lots of fun there. Not much in terms of things to do or see, but there are other places close by and once you see all the sights in Forks (which takes about two hours if you linger around or have a large crowd to wait for) you can hit the road and go to nearby beaches, the Hoh Rainforest or anything else you'd like to do. We did the Forks whirlwind tour and two beaches in one day.

Shopping in Forks

There aren't many places to shop there so we avoided the huge sporting goods store (I cannot recall the name of it but you can't miss the thing, it's as big as the entire downtown area) and went to the local drugstore. They had lots of tourist-y kitsch items for sale and plenty of tees, sweatshirts and Twilight paraphernalia. There aren't many places to eat and if you get there after eight at night like we did, good luck finding anything open. It's a tiny town. We walked to the drugstore from our hotel and felt safe.

• Pros:Quaint, friendly folks, quiet
  • Cons:Small town, early closing hours
  • In a nutshell:It's a charming little town.
  • Last visit to Forks: Oct 2010
  • Intro Updated Dec 30, 2010

Comments

hippie005

“Living a pretty decent life! ”

Badges & Stats in Forks