"Kanchanaburi" Top 5 Page for this destination Kanchanaburi by Nina-Maarit

Kanchanaburi Travel Guide: 469 reviews and 1,351 photos

A trip I won't forget!

Kanchanaburi is where the (in)famous Bridge over the River Kwai is located. But that's not all: Kanchanaburi offers fabulous nature and breath-taking landscape, and the best way to taste all this is to stay over-night on a river draft - what a great experience!

We joined a 3-day trip (River Kwai Jungle & Rafting) organized by Turismo Thai, and I must say it was tremendous - the best trip I have ever made!

Some facts about Kanchanaburi:
Kanchanaburi is Thailand's third largest province, which borders Myanmar (former Burma) at west. The provincial capital, Kanchanaburi, is located ca. 130 km from Bangkok, a two-hour drive by car or coach.

• Pros:fabulous nature
  • In a nutshell:Feel the nature!
  • Last visit to Kanchanaburi: Jun 2002
  • Intro Updated Mar 31, 2003

• debtravers's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2007 at 4:51 AM

Very useful tips, will check out the tour as we leave for thailand in 3 weeks! thanks!

• rafscab's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2006 at 11:51 AM

I stayed at Jungle Rafts and loved it. Accurate tip. I hope to make my page someday.

• leffe3's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2004 at 8:09 PM

Some good tips here - thanks. Be well - Keith

• Mahieu's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2003 at 10:50 AM

Some nice tips, thanks!

• sinoda's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2003 at 10:24 AM

interesting facts about this beautiful destination. a candle-light dinner on a longboat sounds marvellous...

• scrooge1947's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2003 at 12:21 AM

Bridge over the River Kwai, I remember as being the hotest day I have ever known, I bought from the shops, drinks, icecream dont remember the price, just had to have to have it.

• kimmo_v's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2003 at 4:13 AM

Grrrrrrreat page, Nina!!! I started to whistle a theme from the movie "River Kwai", when checking this page!!!LOL

• d_d's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2003 at 3:28 AM

Great page! It was surely a wonderful trip!

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2003 at 6:46 AM

Looks a beautiful place Nina-Maarit, especially since I am a nature lover. I must investigate a trip on my next visit to Bangkok. Great page.

• kenmerk's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2003 at 11:06 PM

Nice Page... Kanchanaburi is an interesting place, a mix of Thai countryside with WW2 history, thanks...

Nina-Maarit

“Live your dreams!”

Badges & Stats in Kanchanaburi

Have you been to Kanchanaburi?

Latest Activity in Kanchanaburi