"Kanchanaburi" Top 5 Page for this destination Kanchanaburi by Nina-Maarit
Kanchanaburi Travel Guide: 463 reviews and 1,333 photos
Kanchanaburi is where the (in)famous Bridge over the River Kwai is located. But that's not all: Kanchanaburi offers fabulous nature and breath-taking landscape, and the best way to taste all this is to stay over-night on a river draft - what a great experience!
We joined a 3-day trip (River Kwai Jungle & Rafting) organized by Turismo Thai, and I must say it was tremendous - the best trip I have ever made!
Some facts about Kanchanaburi:
Kanchanaburi is Thailand's third largest province, which borders Myanmar (former Burma) at west. The provincial capital, Kanchanaburi, is located ca. 130 km from Bangkok, a two-hour drive by car or coach.
- Pros:fabulous nature
- In a nutshell:Feel the nature!
Imagine a raft, just covered by a thatched roof, in the middle of a river, surrounded by jungle and the blackness of the... more travel advice
We spent the second night of our trip to Kanchanaburi at this resortel. Very nice bungalows with all the basic... more travel advice
Nina-Maarit's Related Pages
Kanchanaburi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The River Kwai..."
- "The Bridge over River Kwai"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kanchanaburi
- Hotels in Kanchanaburi
- Transportation in Kanchanaburi
- Nightlife in Kanchanaburi
- Restaurants in Kanchanaburi
- Shopping in Kanchanaburi
- Warnings and Dangers in Kanchanaburi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kanchanaburi
- 17 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Kanchanaburi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kanchanaburi
Photos in KanchanaburiSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 32 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Finland Intro, 4 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Phi Phi Don Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kanchanaburi Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madeira Island Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Phuket Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bamberg Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Thailand Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Funchal Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos