"Phi Phi Islands" Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Phi Phi Don by Nina-Maarit

Ko Phi Phi Don Travel Guide: 491 reviews and 1,370 photos

Paradise on earth!

In July 2002 I spent ten fabulous days and nights in this paradise together with my boyfriend - and we could have stayed forever...!

Mu Ko Phi Phi

The Phi Phi Islands (Mu Ko Phi Phi) consist of six islands (‘ko’), which are located about 48 km southeast from Phuket and 42 km south from Krabi Town. Ko Phi Phi Don is the main island and the only inhabited one. The smaller islands Ko Phi Phi Leh, Ko Phai (Bamboo Island), Ko Yung (Mosquito Island), Ko Bida Nok & Ko Bida Nai offer great sites for diving and snorkeling.

Local people

There are ca. 1500 local inhabitants (muslims) in Phi Phi Don Island. Besides tourism, the local people make a living from coconut and cashew nut farming and fishing. Fishing is the main activity of the sea gipsies, whose village (Chao Ley) is located at Cape Laem Tong at the north end of the island. In addition to the locals there are ca. 500 people (Thai, Chinese, Westerners) employed through the tourism.

More information in the official guide to Phi Phi Island: http://www.phi-phi.com/

• Pros:scuba diving, no traffic, beautiful scenery
  • Cons:rough sea in rainy season
  • In a nutshell:One of the most beautiful places on earth!
  • Last visit to Ko Phi Phi Don: Jul 2002
  • Intro Updated Jan 3, 2003

• canadiantravelgirl's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2006 at 9:25 AM

Great tips!!! I have been to Thailand many times and I plan to return many more!!!

• karin_kamphuis's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2005 at 1:18 PM

Hi! Thanks for the great tips about Phi Phi. We hope to visit it one day. Hope that it developes good, so the tourism will be great again. It was a bad disaster in such a paradise! Greetings Karin.

• guell's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2004 at 8:19 PM

We're still planning our itinerary. Your Phi Phi Don page may have convinced us to visit this place!

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2004 at 8:28 AM

Wow!! Thank you Nina for this wonderful page!!

• kentishgirl's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2004 at 12:50 PM

Brilliant page and amazing place! This looks like heaven to me!! Thankyou for sharing your travels!

• radz's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2004 at 11:57 AM

Nice page,Loved ur food tips :).

• thecatsmeow's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2004 at 10:53 PM

I love your tips and pics. Hope to enjoy some of that great Thia food someday. =^00^=

• Addison833's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2004 at 2:27 PM

I'm heading to Ko Phi Phi Don at the end of May and your pages were really helpful. Thanks so much!

• worldkiwi's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2003 at 1:31 AM

Thanks for the useful information... maybe one day I will go back...

• jmmorgan's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2003 at 8:48 AM

Definately on my list of places to visit in the future.

Nina-Maarit

“Live your dreams!”

Badges & Stats in Ko Phi Phi Don

Have you been to Ko Phi Phi Don?

Latest Activity in Ko Phi Phi Don