"CHAPADA IMPERIAL - A DIFERENT VIEW OF THIS STATE" Distrito Federal by janaina

Distrito Federal Travel Guide: 106 reviews and 227 photos

I'm a bit embarassed to say,but I really don't like Brasilia,even most architectures keep considering it the top of modern brazilian architecture.
I agree it wasn't easy,for sure,to project a whole city from nothing,but,that's exactly my problem..as I love the old,the historical point of everything,the corners and streets where you can "hear" the ladies talking,Brasilia,what borned ONLY in the 60's,looks like a teenager for me!!
Not formal,too much built on perfect unperfect lines...TOO PROJECTED!!
As all in it has a bit of fake,a bit of all built only for one purpose,though,all the cities were villages once,and were built for this or that purpose!!
Ok,ok,it can be a long long conversation,that,in the end,as part of my teachers,you will ALMOST convince me it has a beauty here and there!
Than,let's concentrate in the beautiful part of the state I visited:the mountain range of IMPERIAL.
BON VIRTUALE VOYAGE!!

CHAPADA IMPERIAL:the biggest private preserved area in the state,50km from "Pilot Plann",in the preserved environment area of "Cafuringa",it has a very privileged area in the highest point of Distrito Federal,1.342mts,inside of "2 Brothers" Farm area.
The greatest moment of the visit is at the "2 brothers river",when it falls in small cascades,in a declive of 500m in only 5km!

A treck along the river shows you 33 cascades,small lakes of cristaline clean/cold water.
The river borns at the farm and runs thru 10kms.

• In a nutshell:A recomended area to visit in the state
  • Intro Written Oct 13, 2002

Badges & Stats in Distrito Federal

Have you been to Distrito Federal?