"THE MILLION TREASURES OF MY COUNTRY.." Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil by janaina
Brazil Travel Guide: 12,848 reviews and 31,113 photos
I borned in the south of Brazil,moved with my family to Rio,and now I'm back to South..
Brazil is a hard place to live,but it's harder to leave it!
Everytime,when the flight arives to Rio,it's like,for a moment,your heart stop beating,in front of the beautiful sketch,the perfect unperfect lines of mountains and sea..
The picture I had here was from a fruit called Pequi-I thought that it grows in the Northern area,but my friend Lichinga kindly corrected me,and I went to check my terrible mistake,and found he was right-Pequi,fruit of the "Pequizeiro",large tipical tree of the "cerrado" of the Central plate of Brazil.The fruit is an essencial ingredient of the kitchen in Goias!(grazzia amico Andrea!)
Unfortunately,when I updated something here,the picture poof,gone!
Many poets describe our land in amazed words and deep love..
Many photographers,professional or amateurs,tried to kept the treasures of a land of million faces,where,sometimes,you can feel the breeze between the leaves thru their images..
Many collors,races,religious,landscapes,happiness and tragedies,from carnaval thru poverty,from football to skycrapers,here's what the best I could bring from the memories of many trips,single moments of pleasure..as anyone of us-There is no place like home!
In my page I'll introduce you to Brazilian customs,and in my restaurant tips,lots of sugestions for those who want to buy & cook their own food once visiting Brazil.
A place of so many beauties,a warm
people always ready to take you as part of this huge family,but,not always ready to take care of our own kids-kids of the world,the future of a nation,the leaders of the new generation-some seating in their comfortable houses,going to schools,having the best a child deserves-healt,education,security,love!
And some alone,lost in a reality of shame and humiliations,sexual abuse and hungry,drugs,slaves of our unsensibility,in an endless search for food and a bridge to sleep,looking everyday to the lucky children who have all,when they need just a few basic human rights!
Maybe the flag is not really stamped in our faces,but,against all odds,WE ARE PROUD TO BE BRAZILIANS!
- Pros:BEAUTY,GREAT HAPPY PEOPLE,LIFE AS "TAKE IT EASY"
- Cons:TOO BIG,TAKE A LIFETIME TO SEE IT ALL
- In a nutshell:ALWAYS IN MY HEART
....to be wild but careful enough to search the roads for your best shoots!! more travel advice
..a very interesting shape for this exotic fruit.. more travel advice
- See All AND FINALLY..
- See All PAO DE QUEIJO YOKI
- See All CAPTAIN DON
- See All SHOPPING TIPS
- See All AN OVERVIEW
janaina's Related Pages
Brazil Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brasil energetico!!!"
- "Mangueirense's Brazil Page"
- ":: Brasil ::"
- "THE MILLION TREASURES OF MY COUNTRY.."
- "The land of beautiful people."
- "Brazil with "s""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brazil
- Hotels in Brazil
- Transportation in Brazil
- Nightlife in Brazil
- Restaurants in Brazil
- Shopping in Brazil
- Warnings and Dangers in Brazil
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brazil
- 746 Reviews
- 1,076 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 37 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Brazil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brazil
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de Fernando de Noronha Intro, 75 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Alegre Intro, 48 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 57 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- São Paulo Intro, 42 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha Grande Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pantanal Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angra dos Reis Intro, 24 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Guarda do Embaù Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jericoacoara Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (104)
Top Brazil hotels
- Rio de Janeiro Hotels
- 3628 Reviews - 6549 Photos
- São Paulo Hotels
- 852 Reviews - 1743 Photos
- Fortaleza Hotels
- 223 Reviews - 562 Photos
- Salvador da Bahia Hotels
- 630 Reviews - 1335 Photos
- Natal Hotels
- 181 Reviews - 415 Photos
- Foz do Iguaçu Hotels
- 267 Reviews - 637 Photos
- Manaus Hotels
- 291 Reviews - 819 Photos
- Recife Hotels
- 140 Reviews - 344 Photos
- Sao Paulo Hotels
- 4 Reviews
- Jericoacoara Hotels
- 138 Reviews - 469 Photos
- Porto Alegre Hotels
- 205 Reviews - 471 Photos
- Ilha Grande Hotels
- 136 Reviews - 206 Photos
- Bùzios Hotels
- 206 Reviews - 378 Photos
- Salvador Hotels
- 75 Reviews - 192 Photos
- Aquiraz Hotels
- 6 Hotels