"PRAIA DA GUARDA..LOTS OF MEMORIES" Guarda do Embaù by janaina

Guarda do Embaù Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 41 photos

SINCE I WAS 4 YEARS OLD

When I was 4 years old,in a trip with all the family to Florianopolis,my aunt and cousin,who live in the island,invited us to eat seafood in a small village,50 minutes south from Florianopolis,because it was delicious and cheap!
It was the first time my eyes crossed with this magnificient paradise!
Later,in my 14's,as a sister of 2 surf addicts that loved to search for perfect waves away from Rio,I found myself back to here,and than,I left my heart there for the first time!

WHEN IT WAS A SMALL PLACE..

The landscape had changed nowadays,from the quite and peacefull paradise,where you could make anything you had in mind and where the oldest traveller was about 20 years old,mostly surfers and girlfriends,and where the locals just took us as a natural part of their world (we always respect the environment and never made anything to *** them off ),it became a little more " vacation village for all ages ",with hotels,houses,etc..
Depending on when you found out the place first time,it's dificult to accept the changes,but,it still being " the paradise ",for those 15 years old surfers and girlfriends of our days!

RIVERS & MOUNTAINS

To reach the first beach from the village,you have to cross a small river called " DAS MADRES ",to reach the other beaches than,you have to climb endless beauty mountains..well,with all the stuff and surfboards,it's a hard mission many times!

• Pros:STILL BEING THE FISHERMEN SMALL VILLAGE FOR ME
  • Cons:THAT IT'S NOT REALLY LIKE THAT ANYMORE!
  • In a nutshell:GOING FREQUENTLY,EVERYTIME I CAN!!
  • Intro Written Sep 20, 2002

• quartinb's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2004 at 10:30 AM

paraiso brasileiro.....mais um!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2003 at 8:45 PM

looks great, never had the pleasure ..but maybe someday, just strolling trough the streets. thanx for a fine page Jana

• Sep 15, 2003 at 7:01 AM

i wish to go there one day, Brazil is so unknown for me!, big places in a very very long coast you have

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2003 at 6:22 AM

Beer as cold as Alaska, bbq's, great beaches and cute girls. This sounds like paradise. Your pages are works of art, Jana. I'm sure you are capable of many things but I think that turning Rio back into a small village is impossible even for you!

• rkyle2's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2003 at 4:44 PM

Great "warning", thanks. Will you post more pics of friends (the Guarda one)? It looks like you have cool friends. You too, of course!

• Aussie666's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2003 at 5:53 AM

What a wonderful place....:-)

Badges & Stats in Guarda do Embaù

Have you been to Guarda do Embaù?

Latest Activity in Guarda do Embaù