Angra dos Reis Off The Beaten Path Tips by janaina Top 5 Page for this destination
Angra dos Reis Off The Beaten Path: 6 reviews and 6 photos
"Naufragos Do Aquidaba"monument,in Jacuacanga,and was built in memory of the sailors of a boat that exploded in 1906.
...is absolutely diferent than anything you ever saw:the samba groups go in boats along the marina,in a collorful and noisy amazing cruise!
The boats are decorated according to the subject the group choose,and the group customs as well!
Angra has 2 exposition rooms,where sometimes you can find interesting expositions from locals or begginer artists,many times I found on Rio's newspapers advertisements about unusual art style expositions and went there to check out!
Cultural Center Camara Torres and Angra Cultural House is where you can find it!
one of the less beautiful things on the way
..are an obvious thing in one's trip to Angra,but I recomend to take the ones that go to Cataguases,Botina,Piedade,Lagoa Azul,Freguesia and Japariz islands.
Usually they leave the bay around 10:30 and return around 17:00 - some have lunch included,most only a bar and they stop somewhere where you go to the shore and eat.
If you know someone who has his own boat,ask this wonderful friend to take you to Jurubaiba and Dentista beaches,in Gipoia island,to Paqueta and Itanhanga islands,both in Ribeira bay,and Saco do Ceu,in Ilha Grande(usually there are no boat trips to these points...).
a private marina
In this cruising area there is always a good beach and calm bay near by.
Many of them equipped with bars and getting crowded during the weekends.
Diving and snorkelling can be really good,but you want to get to the locations further away from the mainland to get visibilities beyond 15 meters.
The best,but sometimes rough dive place is Ilha Jorge Grego.
the marina just off the "Piratas Mall"
As Angra comprehends 360 islands,a vast nbr of beautiful anchorages and specially Ilha Grande,where the better off people from Rio & Sao Paulo goes in vacations,many of them keep their boats here on a permanent basis.
In Angra itself,there is a lively fishing harbour,also sporting two marinas and a great nbr of private docks plus a base of the German Bluewater cruising club "Trans Ocean".
For those planning a cruise in the area,I found that in Angra there are a lot of boats repair places near the main marina.
More Reviews (18)
- See All PONTA DO LESTE
- See All OFFICIAL EVENTS
- See All HISTORICAL/CULTURAL ANGRA
- See All WHAT IN WHICH MALL
- See All NEW PROPORTIONS..
janaina's Related Pages
Angra dos Reis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WHY *ANGRA DOS REIS*?"
- "::Angra dos Reis::"
- "Angra Dos Reis"
- "Angra in the Winter (June/July)..."
- "ANGRA DOS REIS.."
- "Rio's weekend playground"
- "Angra dos Reis"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Angra dos Reis
- Hotels in Angra dos Reis
- Transportation in Angra dos Reis
- Nightlife in Angra dos Reis
- Restaurants in Angra dos Reis
- Shopping in Angra dos Reis
- See All...
Explore the World
- Maldives Hotels
- Rome Hotels
- Tandang Sora Hotels
- Cebu City
- Jaipur Hotels
- Isla Saona Hotels
- Monuriki Island Hotels
- Negeri Pulau Pinang Hotels
Badges & Stats in Angra dos Reis
- 24 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Angra dos Reis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Angra dos Reis
Photos in Angra dos ReisSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de Fernando de Noronha Intro, 75 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Alegre Intro, 48 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 57 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- São Paulo Intro, 42 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha Grande Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pantanal Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angra dos Reis Intro, 24 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Guarda do Embaù Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jericoacoara Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos