"BONITO-MUCH MORE THAN BEAUTIFUL" Top 5 Page for this destination Bonito by janaina
Bonito Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 92 photos
Bonito means beautiful in Portuguese.
It's not enough to describe one of the top diving and eco-tourism sites in Brazil,and for those who like diving in grottos,this is the place.
Here,the technology and the super professionals diving guides(to dive in caves & grottos is not just taking your equipment and "here we go",it requests a very good knowledge of this kind of diving,plus specials gas tube mixes!!),trained for years specially for this new sport trend,makes it perfect and ideal for your cave explorations!
The risk when exploring caves is very high,and here they invest all in newequipments and technics,providing a safe and exciting dive!
The water in Bonito doesn't stay behind in its beauty,rich and unique fishes and marine creatures,of Fernando De Noronha or any other famous dive site in Brazil!
This is the main tourist attraction here,than,they try to keep it as good as possible.
This picture shows how clean and cristaline the water is here!
Beautiful rivers,clear water,submersed caves,collored caverns!!
Bonito is situated 4hrs. by car from the capital of Mato Grosso Do Sul,Campo Grande.
"Gruta do lago azul"(the blue lake grotto),with around 600 million years,has beautiful blue waters,splendid during the rain season(from november to march).
Bonito was found as a tourist site only about 5 years ago!
The IBAMA(the national organisation for preservation)allouds the submerged caves exploration as diving,but only if guided by a professional and specialist diver!
In Bonito,specifically in "Lagoa Misteriosa"(the misterious lake),a diver called Gilberto Menezes De Oliveira reached the depth of 121m,a record in subaquatic diving in caves in Brazil(in Bonito guides can take you to about 20m depth in caves,what is absolutely enough for apreciate the environment).
- In a nutshell:A BIT OFF THE BEATEN PATH FOR INTERNATIONAL TOURISTS
Ok natural borned adventures,let's see if you can handle this one:Anhumas Abyss is about 25km from Bonito,and to... more travel advice
WOW,what a place!! It's about 12km from Bonito,a perfect day-trip which doesn't request a guide or bokings,and it's near... more travel advice
- See All THIS WILL STAY AT HEART FOREVER!
- See All CANOEING
- NEVER HEARD ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE THIS...
janaina's Related Pages
Bonito Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BONITO-MUCH MORE THAN BEAUTIFUL"
- "BONITO BONITO"
- "Beautiful Bonito where the waters run clear"
- "Bonito, means Beautiful"
- "Bonito = Beautiful = Belle"
- "Muito Bonito!!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bonito
- Hotels in Bonito
- Transportation in Bonito
- Restaurants in Bonito
- Warnings and Dangers in Bonito
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bonito
- 17 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Bonito?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bonito
Photos in BonitoSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de Fernando de Noronha Intro, 75 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Alegre Intro, 48 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 57 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- São Paulo Intro, 42 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha Grande Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pantanal Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angra dos Reis Intro, 24 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Guarda do Embaù Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jericoacoara Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos