"RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AMERICAN CONTINENT" Chapada dos Guimarães by janaina
Chapada dos Guimarães Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 25 photos
..in an imaginary paralel,called 15th south paralel,Chapada Dos Guimaraes is a scenery of extremely peacefull views and lots of misticism.
It's a place where the meditation addicts come to practice,esoteric groups come to look for a place to their cults,many believes it has a extremely strong cosmic energy!
BTW,Lago Titicaca is also situated in this paralel.
Fossils of shells examinated by geologists(and you can see at the museum here),seems to prove that the Chapada,what is a huge valley today surrounded by mountains,was once,maybe 500 million years ago,a deep ocean site!!
Natural promenades along the trecks give you a fantastic view of the area,in clear sky days,even of part of the Pantanal area!
In the 80's the "newhippies" addicts runned away from the cities and came to live here!
Today,the place is popular as a nature documentary site,and frequently,you can see many collored baloons in the air,with a crew filming the area!!
The "Rock City" site impressed me specially,it's an area where time & wind formed sculptures what reminds ruins of an old city,in a canyon formed of 350m walls!!
- In a nutshell:WHERE COSMIC & NATURE CAN BE FOUND!!
..called "Vereda",I really loved the place! more travel advice
janaina's Related Pages
Chapada dos Guimarães Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AMERICAN CONTINENT"
- "Chapada dos Guimaraes"
- "Chapada dos Guimarães"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chapada dos Guimarães
- Hotels in Chapada dos Guimarães
- Transportation in Chapada dos Guimarães
- Restaurants in Chapada dos Guimarães
- Warnings and Dangers in Chapada dos Guimarães
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Chapada dos Guimarães
- 9 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Chapada dos Guimarães?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chapada dos Guimarães
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Can you adopt me? Yes, I can...."
- Wrote a Review THE BRIDE'S VEIL WATERFALL in Chapada dos Guimarães Off The Beaten Path
- created a Chapada dos Guimarães Travel Page "RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AMERICAN CONTINENT"
- Uploaded a Photo to "RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AMERICAN CONTINENT"
Photos in Chapada dos GuimarãesSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de Fernando de Noronha Intro, 75 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Alegre Intro, 48 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 57 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- São Paulo Intro, 42 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha Grande Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pantanal Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angra dos Reis Intro, 24 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Guarda do Embaù Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jericoacoara Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos