"THINGS YOU FIND SOMETIMES ON THE WAY.." Itaici by janaina
Itaici Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 8 photos
During my trip to Pantanal and Mato Grosso,I found this remain of the past.
It didn't speak loud to me,as at the first place,I didn't understand completely what I was taking pictures of!
We visited Cuiaba,and from there,we started the way to Pantanal.
There were many options to get in Pantanal,we prefered thru a village called Santo Antonio De Leverge,and from there,we took a boat to Barao De Melgano.
The way from Cuiaba River is splendid,as the Pantanal landscape open its arms for you slowly,you get into this paradise as you go down the river,all the landscape turns to this huge swamp!
During the boat trip,we found some interesting places along the river,and here it was:Itaici!
As we had a private boat only carryng our group,we asked to stop!
The only information I could get from the guide was that this place was a sugar/alcohol usine,and it was a very important economic site for the region,when it closed,the natives who worked there foun themselves in poverty!
The place is quite abandoned,what a shame,I think it has a very good tourist potential,as,even none cares about it,it keeps almost untouchable!
Sometimes places you found coincidentaly can be so interesting than the ones you planned years to see.
I found this old usine a very awesome place for pictures.
Here was where the workers lived!
Look at the usine itself,really abandoned!
Almost as you can hear the noises and the smell of the place years and years ago!
- In a nutshell:NEVER SLEEP DURING THE WAY,YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU CAN FIND!
Where men & women probably spent most of their days,working hard.. more travel advice
janaina's Related Pages
Itaici Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Itaici
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Itaici?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Itaici
Photos in ItaiciSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de Fernando de Noronha Intro, 75 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Alegre Intro, 48 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 57 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- São Paulo Intro, 42 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha Grande Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pantanal Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angra dos Reis Intro, 24 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Guarda do Embaù Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jericoacoara Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos