"AN ECOLOGICAL PARADISE!" Top 5 Page for this destination Jericoacoara by janaina
Jericoacoara Travel Guide: 139 reviews and 469 photos
Ah,Jeri,my beautiful Jericoacoara!
Northeast coast is such a wonderful peace of Brazil,as you could see from my other pages and others that will come!
Sometimes maybe,if you check out all my Northeast coast pages,the pictures are showing almost the same:coconuts trees along the beach,white sands,hot sites for diving,sunsets,cristaline waters!
But it's definately not the same!
Evryone of these beaches have a special own personality,a unique landscape what belongs only to that place!
I think you will feel it only once there,how much they are diferent one from the other!
Than,here we go again,with another paradise on earth,with a specific address:NORTHEAST,THE BEAUTY THAT NEVER ENDS!!
And,as usual,with my friends around,the best part of all trips!!
The name Jericoacoara means..A LAYING ALLIGATOR UNDER THE SUN!
Yep,just as it's!From the eyes of the fishermen(who knows better??!!),from the sea they think it looks like this..who am I to disagree??
But,according to the indians who inhabitated the place,it means "THE TURTLE HOLE" (Yuruco=hole,Cuara=turtle),due to the fact Jeri is a beach where sea turtles come to make holes to lay their eggs.
Jericoacoara was,not a long ago,a fishermen village isolated ,without any contact with civilizaton!
There were no roads,no eletricity,no phones,no tv,no newspapers,and money was almost useless since deals were based on trading fish for goods!
in 1994,the place was declared by law as " Environment Protection Area (EPA),and in 1992,the lodging facilities had their constructions forbidden,in order to limit the nbr of tourists!
Till 1998,the eletricity was supplied by diesel generators!!
In "Clube Dos Ventos",try the grilled lobster,one word:Unforgetable!! more travel advice
1.Horseback riding:ideal for short distances,you can take a ride to the " Arched Rock",for example,and the nearby... more travel advice
- See All SUNSET DUNE
- See All SUN AND MOON SEAVIEWS..
- A PLACE TO FEEL THERE'S NO CLOCK!!
- ACCOMODATIONS ARE LIMITED HERE!
- See All " PEDRA FURADA" (arched rock)
janaina's Related Pages
Jericoacoara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My type of relax spot"
- "AN ECOLOGICAL PARADISE!"
- "Only pics!"
- "The end of the world!!"
- "Jericoacoara - Ceara"
- "jericoacoara...paradise now!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jericoacoara
- Hotels in Jericoacoara
- Transportation in Jericoacoara
- Nightlife in Jericoacoara
- Restaurants in Jericoacoara
- Shopping in Jericoacoara
- Warnings and Dangers in Jericoacoara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jericoacoara
- 23 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Jericoacoara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jericoacoara
Photos in JericoacoaraSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de Fernando de Noronha Intro, 75 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Alegre Intro, 48 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 57 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- São Paulo Intro, 42 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha Grande Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pantanal Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angra dos Reis Intro, 24 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Guarda do Embaù Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jericoacoara Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos