Porto Alegre Things to Do Tips by janaina Top 5 Page for this destination
Porto Alegre Things to Do: 62 reviews and 106 photos
Take a trip to the farmhouses region..the farms are extremely big and the families extremely rich..you can feel in Texas here...
SAO PEDRO TEATHER:in portuguese baroque style,it was inaugurated in 1858.It's one of the Brazil's most beautiful theaters,decorated in velvet and gold,with a u-shaped design.
Directions: SAO PEDRO TEATHER:MARECHAL DEODORO STR.,IN FRONT OF THE CATHEDRAL.
OPEN HOURS:TUE THRU FRI FROM 12PM TO 6PM
NO ENTRANCE FEE
THE CENTRAL AREA:DA PRAIA street,the main street in the center of the city..lots of shops,lots of people,funny things to see..
If you are a shoping hunter,try also the big malls:IGUATEMI,DA PRAIA STREET,BOURBON SHOPING CENTER,PRAIA DE BELAS SHOPING..they are very very big..
You can see in the central area very original-typical faces of the city and its people..
Directions: CENTER OF PORTO ALEGRE..THE MOST FAMOUS STREET..YOU WON'T MISS IT!
The governor's palace(PALACIO PIRATINI).Seat of the state government since 1921,it was designed by a french architet and the internal panels signed by renowed italian painter,Aldo Locateli,specially the ones thatportrary the legend of the NEGRINHO DO PASTOREIO,a famous south legend.Designated state heritage in 1986,the palace is open for visitation during almost all the day,no entrance fee and there's a guide that explain about the history of the palace,the meaning of the pictures and famous historical moments in specific rooms..
The palace has a rich beautiful architeture and it is just fantastic decorated!
Directions: Located at 'DA MATRIZ' square,in the center of the city,close to the cathedral.
Other Contact: MARECHAL DEODORO SQUARE. OPEN MO
THESE ARE SOME OF ALDO LOCATELI'S PAINTS IN THE GOVERNOR'S PALACE..
Go to the small kiosks around the central area and get close to the locals..
More Reviews (40)
- See All WINTER:NEVER ENOUGH CLOTHES/SUMMER:GET...
- See All A PLACE FOR THE KIDS
- See All AND THAN,COMES THE SUNSET!!
- See All THE WATERFALL - THE HIKE TARGET!
- See All METROPOLITAN CATHEDRAL:the...
janaina's Related Pages
Porto Alegre Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""The Smiling City""
- "MY BEAUTIFUL CITY"
- "Porto Alegre bah !"
- "Porto Alegre"
- "guilhermebr's Porto Alegre Page"
- "Welcome to Porto Alegre!..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Porto Alegre
- Hotels in Porto Alegre
- Transportation in Porto Alegre
- Nightlife in Porto Alegre
- Restaurants in Porto Alegre
- Shopping in Porto Alegre
- Warnings and Dangers in Porto Alegre
- See All...
Explore the World
- Calaca Hotels
- Bandarawela Hotels
- Goulburn Hotels
- Bávaro Hotels
Badges & Stats in Porto Alegre
- 48 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 373 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Porto Alegre?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Porto Alegre
Photos in Porto AlegreSee All Photos (85)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de Fernando de Noronha Intro, 75 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Alegre Intro, 48 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 57 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- São Paulo Intro, 42 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha Grande Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pantanal Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angra dos Reis Intro, 24 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Guarda do Embaù Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jericoacoara Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (104)
Latest Porto Alegre hotel reviews
- Parthenon Il Giardino
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 20, 2013
- Novotel Porto Alegre
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Comfort Inn Centro Administrativo
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 28, 2012
- Porto Alegre Ritter Hotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2010
- Blue Tree Towers Porto Alegre
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Sheraton Porto Alegre Hotel
- 80 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Blue Tree Millenium Porto Alegre
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 3, 2013