"MY BEAUTIFUL CITY" Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Alegre by janaina
Porto Alegre Travel Guide: 205 reviews and 471 photos
Porto Alegre,also called "PORTO DO SOL"(PORT OF THE SUN)
and "CIDADE SORRISO"(SMILE CITY),is located in southern Brazil,in the delta of the Guaiba river.
The city was founded by portuguese immigrants from the island of Azores,in 1742,and is the capital of the state of Rio Grande Do Sul.
The city has also many immigrants from Germany,Italy and Poland.
And,not because it's my homeplace,but only the truth,after i checked out many sunsets in many places,the sunset in the Guaiba river is the most incredible i ever saw.....
Located between Cambara Do Sul,in the Rio Grande Do Sul,and Praia Grande,in the state of Santa Catarina.
Includes 2 canyons:Faxinalzinho and Itaimbezinho,where I took the pictures.
It's a bit dangerous to explore your own,sometimes,a walk in a beautiful valley can finish in a deep sudden abyss,without any further information.
The fog happens during winter and summer,making the dangerous of non-guided walks even worse.
In the park you can find a tourist desk where they will be happy to provide a leaflet with the maps of the best tracks,PLS,follow the tracks strictly.
I'll add some more info about the tracks I did,in an off the beaten path tip.
- Pros:I borned in Rio,but here I feel home
- Cons:this city becomes more &more big metropolitan,with all the dangerous of it!
- In a nutshell:It's good to live here!!
Take a trip to the farmhouses region..the farms are extremely big and the families extremely rich..you can feel in Texas... more travel advice
In " Brique Da Redencao ",the kids find thousand things to buy and see,and many activities,special for them. There are... more travel advice
- See All AND THAN,COMES THE SUNSET!!
- See All THE WATERFALL - THE HIKE TARGET!
- See All METROPOLITAN CATHEDRAL:the...
- See All This is the heart of the...
janaina's Related Pages
Porto Alegre Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""The Smiling City""
- "MY BEAUTIFUL CITY"
- "Porto Alegre bah !"
- "Porto Alegre"
- "guilhermebr's Porto Alegre Page"
- "Welcome to Porto Alegre!..."
- "P. Alegre, the Capital of the Brazilian Pampas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Porto Alegre
- Hotels in Porto Alegre
- Transportation in Porto Alegre
- Nightlife in Porto Alegre
- Restaurants in Porto Alegre
- Shopping in Porto Alegre
- Warnings and Dangers in Porto Alegre
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Porto Alegre
- 48 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 373 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Porto Alegre?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Porto Alegre
Photos in Porto AlegreSee All Photos (85)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de Fernando de Noronha Intro, 75 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Alegre Intro, 48 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 57 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- São Paulo Intro, 42 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha Grande Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pantanal Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angra dos Reis Intro, 24 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Guarda do Embaù Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jericoacoara Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (104)
Latest Porto Alegre hotel reviews
- Parthenon Il Giardino
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Porto Alegre Ritter Hotel
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 21, 2013
- Novotel Porto Alegre
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 12, 2013
- Blue Tree Towers Porto Alegre
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 15, 2013
- Sheraton Porto Alegre Hotel
- 98 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Blue Tree Millenium Porto Alegre
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013