"**FROM TERESOPOLIS TO PETROPOLIS**" Teresópolis by janaina

Teresópolis Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 65 photos

THE BEAUTIFUL VIEWS FROM THE MOUNTAINS

In this page,I'll add some information about the country side in the state of Rio De Janeiro - YEH!! This state is not only the city of Rio guys!!
But much more!
I particulary love Angra Dos Reis,Ilha Grande (part of Angra ) and the country side as Petropolis,Teresopolis and the historical city of Paraty.
I'll add pictures from a trecking trip me & my friends did from Petropolis thru the mountains to Teresopolis,and some information of course.
Starting with the group in the beggining of the trecking!

SPECIAL PAGE FOR TRECKING LOVERS

Teresopolis is,not only in my opinion,the definately *mountain* site in Brazil.
Even if you check out my Rio Grando Do Sul page about Itaimbezinho trecking and the pictures of this huge cannyon (what maybe look better than now,because the pictures of this page here are high definition and were scanned too big!!),I have to say my trecking in Teresopolis was very interesting and breath taking!
The fact we had luck with clear sky days (rare ),gave us the oportunity (me,first time!!) to overlook ALL the Guanabara bay,and it was the most beautiful view I photographed!
Here's a view from Guanabara Bay.

TAKE ME HIGHER!!....

6km from Teresopolis city center,you start your trecking at the *Dos Orgaos National Park.
The beggining is the way to *Dedo De Deus* (1698m),from this point,to *Ferruga Do Frade*
(1980m),and than to *Pedra Do Sino*(2263m).
Here's a picture from the top of
*Pedra Do Sino*

• Pros:THE VIEW AND FRESH AIR FROMTHE MOUNTAINS
  • In a nutshell:FRESH AIR!!
  • Intro Written Sep 17, 2002

• pocketpiglet's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2006 at 4:56 AM

lindas fotos - adorei a tua página, espero um dia fazer esta travessia também :)

• bigblue's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2004 at 5:26 AM

Are the name Teresopolis and Petropolis Greek?They mean stonetown. Regards from Greece.

Badges & Stats in Teresópolis

Have you been to Teresópolis?

Photos in Teresópolis