"IF YOU ARE USED TO RIO'S VIEWS.." Parque Nacional da Tijuca by janaina
Parque Nacional da Tijuca Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 38 photos
I had a "turbo-trip" to my parents in the beggining of the month in Rio!
My cousin Henrique's birthday was the reaso,because when none of my parents,sisters or brothers can be in mine,he always take the road to Porto Alegre to celebrate with me..than had no excuses,but to go!
Dififcult to buy a present to a 26 years old guy,and I had no ideas!
Got to Rio and called him..and told I didn't buy anything!
He said he was expecting presents from the South but if I really want to give him a present,than he wants to take me to a walk in Tijuca's Park...thought..ohh,that's cheap..lol
Why to Tijuca??He said he didn'y go there for a long time and never has a partner to!
Next morning,surprise,a beautifullll sunny day,clean sky(besides the poluted air..),a perfect day!!
If you are used to see the traditional view of Rio from Christ The reedemer Hill,here's another way of looking at it!!
The Park is built in an area that was used for coffee plantations and I think it's the smartest reforested urban area here,a place where you can forget a bit where you REALLY are!
Here you can find amazing points as Mayrink Chapel(with fantastic Portinari's works),Acude Da Solidao(a dam),Gabriela & Taunay falls and the Chinese Belvedere from where you can have a full view of Ipanema!
From Pedra Bonita is where you can see the famous hanggliders jumping from,and if you are the adventurous kind,you can even try a double flight with one of the experienced professionals!
The Park is the only National Park situated in an urban area,and one of the World's biggest urban parks!
It's a paradise for birdwatchers,and here you can try to find howler monkeys and ocelots too!
- Pros:HERE YOU CAN BREATH!!
- Cons:DOWN YOU CAN'T
- In a nutshell:COME UP AND TAKE A BREAK FROM RIO'S NOISES!
I never tryed but I heard that off-road trips became popular in this area! The jeep tours stop at the picturesque and... more travel advice
The idea of what you see from the Chinese Belvedere(from where you have 13 scenic views..)is how it's almost theatrical... more travel advice
janaina's Related Pages
Parque Nacional da Tijuca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "IF YOU ARE USED TO RIO'S VIEWS.."
- "Parque Nacional da Tijuca - Rio's rainforest"
- "The Park near the City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parque Nacional da Tijuca
- Hotels in Parque Nacional da Tijuca
- Transportation in Parque Nacional da Tijuca
- Restaurants in Parque Nacional da Tijuca
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parque Nacional da Tijuca
- 13 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Parque Nacional da Tijuca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parque Nacional da Tijuca
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Can you adopt me? Yes, I can...."
- Wrote a Review JEEP TRIP.. in Parque Nacional da Tijuca Off The Beaten Path
- created a Parque Nacional da Tijuca Travelogue "MORE AMAZING VIEWS FROM A SPRING MORNING AT TIJUCA"
- Uploaded a Photo to "MORE AMAZING VIEWS FROM A SPRING MORNING AT TIJUCA"
Photos in Parque Nacional da TijucaSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de Fernando de Noronha Intro, 75 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Alegre Intro, 48 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 57 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- São Paulo Intro, 42 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha Grande Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pantanal Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angra dos Reis Intro, 24 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Guarda do Embaù Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jericoacoara Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos