"IF YOU ARE USED TO RIO'S VIEWS.." Parque Nacional da Tijuca by janaina

Parque Nacional da Tijuca Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 38 photos

I had a "turbo-trip" to my parents in the beggining of the month in Rio!
My cousin Henrique's birthday was the reaso,because when none of my parents,sisters or brothers can be in mine,he always take the road to Porto Alegre to celebrate with me..than had no excuses,but to go!
Dififcult to buy a present to a 26 years old guy,and I had no ideas!
Got to Rio and called him..and told I didn't buy anything!
He said he was expecting presents from the South but if I really want to give him a present,than he wants to take me to a walk in Tijuca's Park...thought..ohh,that's cheap..lol
Why to Tijuca??He said he didn'y go there for a long time and never has a partner to!
Next morning,surprise,a beautifullll sunny day,clean sky(besides the poluted air..),a perfect day!!
If you are used to see the traditional view of Rio from Christ The reedemer Hill,here's another way of looking at it!!
BON VOYAGE!

The Park is built in an area that was used for coffee plantations and I think it's the smartest reforested urban area here,a place where you can forget a bit where you REALLY are!
Here you can find amazing points as Mayrink Chapel(with fantastic Portinari's works),Acude Da Solidao(a dam),Gabriela & Taunay falls and the Chinese Belvedere from where you can have a full view of Ipanema!

From Pedra Bonita is where you can see the famous hanggliders jumping from,and if you are the adventurous kind,you can even try a double flight with one of the experienced professionals!
The Park is the only National Park situated in an urban area,and one of the World's biggest urban parks!
It's a paradise for birdwatchers,and here you can try to find howler monkeys and ocelots too!

• Pros:HERE YOU CAN BREATH!!
  • Cons:DOWN YOU CAN'T
  • In a nutshell:COME UP AND TAKE A BREAK FROM RIO'S NOISES!
  • Last visit to Parque Nacional da Tijuca: Oct 2002
  • Intro Written Oct 18, 2002

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2005 at 11:49 AM

gosh the Forest has shrunk, sad but true, we lose more then we gain. great page Jana

• drpault2's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2004 at 4:31 PM

I really enjoyed my day hiking up/around/over/throught Parque Nacional da Tijuca! Truly a "breath of fresh air" amidst the craziness of Rio! Paul

• pollon's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2003 at 11:52 AM

:-))) I do like your way of describing and you made me feel like visiting this park!!!

Badges & Stats in Parque Nacional da Tijuca

Have you been to Parque Nacional da Tijuca?

Photos in Parque Nacional da Tijuca