Trancoso Things to Do Tips by janaina
Trancoso Things to Do: 10 reviews and 16 photos
Trancoso village view
Costa Do Descobrimento is clasified as a national treasure as it was in this region Brazil was first discovered.
This tourist region begins in Barra Do Rio Cai
in the municipal of Prado,and includes Mount Pascoal National Park,Cumuruxatiba,Caraiva,Arraial D'Ajuda,Trancoso,Porto Seguro and extends until Coroa Vermelha and the source of Joao de Tiba river,which is in Santa Cruz Cabralia.
If you plann to reach Trancoso via Porto Seguro,I deeply recomend to take a walk there as well:Porto Seguro has a beautiful historical center which had been totally restored!
Visitors can imagine how it was like to live at the beggining of the 16th century when Cabral
Besides these rich historical buildings,there are many beaches,bays,rocks,and rivers to be explored in the region.
These attractions are surrounded by coconut palm trees,mangroves and coastal forests.
Porto Seguro is the gateway to this region!
A full Porto Seguro page will follow in the future!
Following my friends stories about the place,I headed for Trancoso in the South of Bahia state.Until 2000,this place was linked to the outside world by a dirt road,but now a new road had been built and what had been a backwater is just beggining to realise those days have gone!
But I was looking for a laid back beach resort to relax on and Trancoso fitted the bill fine!
I decided to stay here for the rest of the holiday and miss out Rio,a pitty but,well,Trancoso was cheaper new year's funs and the air much more fresh!
Espelho beach seems to be a must here,the beach where we spent most of our sun's hours!
More Reviews (17)
- See All FOR THE LUCKY ONES..
- JUST A FEW THINGS..
- LAID BACK
- STAYING MORE THAN PLANNED
janaina's Related Pages
Trancoso Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MEMORIES OF 2002 NEW YEAR'S EVE!"
- "A paradise to relax!!"
- "Trancoso, my second home"
- "The paradise city"
- "trancoso the best beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trancoso
- Hotels in Trancoso
- Transportation in Trancoso
- Nightlife in Trancoso
- Restaurants in Trancoso
- Shopping in Trancoso
- Warnings and Dangers in Trancoso
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trancoso
- 19 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Trancoso?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trancoso
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de Fernando de Noronha Intro, 75 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Alegre Intro, 48 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 57 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- São Paulo Intro, 42 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha Grande Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pantanal Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angra dos Reis Intro, 24 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Guarda do Embaù Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jericoacoara Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos