"My Home Town!" Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge by jrs1234
Cambridge Travel Guide: 819 reviews and 1,734 photos
Cambridge is probably best known for its University (actually it has two, but only one is picturesque). It's a great place to go for a day or two, with lots of old buildings, green spaces and a compact, easily walkable centre.
If you want to stay longer, and you can afford to hire a car, then it also makes a great base for exploring the east of England.
If you want to search for Cambridge on the Web, make sure you use a UK-oriented search engine such as Google UK. Otherwise you'll get lots of information on Cambridge, Mass., US of A, which can be very confusing if it's not what you want. There are also several Cambridge online web guides, one of the best is here. If you're a big Cambridge fan, you could always read the local newspaper which includes a tourist guide. There's also a Cambridge City Council website.
The Cambridge University website is at www.cam.ac.uk - the other University in Cambridge is called Anglia Polytechnic University and it's website is at www.anglia.ac.uk. Also, if you're looking for somewhere to stay, the City Council maintains a useful list of hotels/bed and breakfast accomodation here.
You can find a webcam showing the Cambridge skyline at the BBC Cambridgeshire website.
At the moment I live outside the city limits, but I work there and have fun there, so it's still my hometown!
- Pros:A compact city with lots of green space.
- Cons:The builders have moved into the city centre for the next couple of years :-(
- In a nutshell:A great place to live!
If you're looking to get some prints from your camera (digital or film), or want a photography gadget, or even a new... more travel advice
This was the place we stopped for lunch during the Cambridge VT meet, and it turned out to be a good choice. It's in a... more travel advice
- See All A centrally-located multiplex cinema
- See All A Cambridge Landmark
- See All Take a guided tour.....
- Want to go swimming?
Written Apr 9, 2005
Inaugural Cambridge VT Meeting!
Written Sep 12, 2005
Snow in December
jrs1234's Related Pages
Cambridge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Just a few Bits about Cambridge"
- "City of cycles and Colleges"
- "Cambridge - My temporary UK hometown"
- "My Home Town!"
- "Oxford is a complete arse...."
- "Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England"
- "Cambridge student haven"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cambridge
- Hotels in Cambridge
- Transportation in Cambridge
- Nightlife in Cambridge
- Restaurants in Cambridge
- Shopping in Cambridge
- Warnings and Dangers in Cambridge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cambridge
- 31 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 48 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Cambridge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cambridge
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 31 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Angkor Wat Intro, 23 reviews, 21 photos
- Thailand Intro, 22 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 22 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 12 reviews, 10 photos