"My Home Town!" Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge by jrs1234

Cambridge Travel Guide: 814 reviews and 1,719 photos

Cambridge is probably best known for its University (actually it has two, but only one is picturesque). It's a great place to go for a day or two, with lots of old buildings, green spaces and a compact, easily walkable centre.

If you want to stay longer, and you can afford to hire a car, then it also makes a great base for exploring the east of England.

If you want to search for Cambridge on the Web, make sure you use a UK-oriented search engine such as Google UK. Otherwise you'll get lots of information on Cambridge, Mass., US of A, which can be very confusing if it's not what you want. There are also several Cambridge online web guides, one of the best is here. If you're a big Cambridge fan, you could always read the local newspaper which includes a tourist guide. There's also a Cambridge City Council website.

The Cambridge University website is at www.cam.ac.uk - the other University in Cambridge is called Anglia Polytechnic University and it's website is at www.anglia.ac.uk. Also, if you're looking for somewhere to stay, the City Council maintains a useful list of hotels/bed and breakfast accomodation here.

You can find a webcam showing the Cambridge skyline at the BBC Cambridgeshire website.

At the moment I live outside the city limits, but I work there and have fun there, so it's still my hometown!

• Pros:A compact city with lots of green space.
  • Cons:The builders have moved into the city centre for the next couple of years :-(
  • In a nutshell:A great place to live!
  • Intro Updated Jul 1, 2006

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2008 at 2:40 AM

Nice Cambridge river view. C was my second city to visit after London. I came to C in 1982 for a conference. I don't recall much except it was a beautiful campus. Wish to visit sometime again. Have a good day.

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2007 at 6:17 AM

I'm going back to Cambridge in a few weeks, so your tips come really handy.

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2007 at 4:18 AM

Hello Jeremy. Very nice page here with good tips & nice photos. Looks like a lovely place to visit! Greetings from "somewhere warm".... Jess :-)

• Pat_Bangkok's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2006 at 8:36 PM

One of my thai friend now living in Cambridge. It's superb to see a wonderful page from u. I vote this page

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2006 at 6:02 AM

good tips about a city I love

• tissie's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2006 at 4:09 AM

Hi Jeremy, love the pics on your Cambridge page, great place, every time I visit I wish I lived there (except when it's blowing a gale from the Urals!)

• Confucius's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2006 at 7:00 PM

I must say it is an honor to have my humble Cambridge page reviewed by a real live local Cambridgeshire resident. Many thanks!

• ellsasha's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2006 at 9:15 PM

Jeremy, really enjoyed your Cambridge pages. Brought back some happy memories. Marjorie

• adite's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2006 at 12:04 AM

Hi Jeremy. Have been to Oxford but not to Cambridge and your town looks just as pretty.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2005 at 9:46 AM

A lot of very useful, first-hand info and great links to very valuable websites. These pubs, bookstores and surely the King's college seem very attractive to me. Wow, add punting :-). I do hope to visit all of them :-)

jrs1234 Works Here!

jrs1234

“I'd prefer to be somewhere warm....”

Badges & Stats in Cambridge

Have you been to Cambridge?

Latest Activity in Cambridge