"The amazing ruins of Angkor..." Angkor Wat by jrs1234

Angkor Wat Travel Guide: 1,645 reviews and 4,781 photos

The main temple at Angkor Wat is a quite spectacular place; together with the many other ruins at Angkor, it's a world-class historical site. For a short but informative introduction to Angkor, you could try this History Channel webpage, and for a longer, temple by temple guide you should read the online guide at www.canbypublications.com, which also has a handy area map. Like many VT contributors, I'm putting all my tips for the various Angkor ruins in this location for ease of reference.

However accomodation and many other facilities are available at nearby Siem Reap - see my Phumi Siem Reab (Siem Reap) page for my tips on the town.

• Pros:just spectacular!
  • Cons:still under renovation
  • In a nutshell:an amazing ancient place
  • Last visit to Angkor Wat: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Nov 2, 2003

• Penelope4's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2008 at 1:24 AM

Nice remembrance! I was reminded of the two entourages I saw: Cambodian wedding and funeral. I watched in silence and had those moments of admiration and respect for others' culture/tradition. Happy holidays!

• jenniferchin's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2007 at 9:13 AM

Yes, I had a wonderful time in Angkor :-) Great pages you got here, Jeremy !!

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2007 at 6:25 AM

happy belated birthday, jeremy!

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2006 at 8:07 PM

Jeremy, thanks for dropping by my T.Negara pg. Yes, you're lucky to catch the religious ceremony! Wished I had that chance when I was there.

• aussiejen's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2006 at 3:38 PM

Thanks for visiting my Bangkok pages (I will finish them one day). I hope to go to Angkor Wat too :)

• larsy's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2006 at 1:56 PM

Amazing, my friend just returned and I am so jealous.

• Jan 22, 2006 at 1:35 AM

Wow! This must have been pretty amazing to watch. You were lucky to see it all. Greetings from Cape Town!

• Hermanater's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2005 at 8:13 AM

Happy Birthday....great job on your pages..

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2005 at 6:02 AM

Great tips!

• Wann's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2005 at 5:06 AM

Great page. Many useful tips !!! I will visit this wonderful place one day...

jrs1234

“I'd prefer to be somewhere warm....”

Badges & Stats in Angkor Wat

Have you been to Angkor Wat?

Latest Activity in Angkor Wat